Turn Off Ads?
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930

Thread: 4-19 vs Cubs(Freel starting at 2B, Pena in RF)

Re: 4-19 vs Cubs(Freel starting at 2B, Pena in RF)

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw
    It was? It was a 3 run game before he entered -- but with Prior still pitching, it probably still wouldn't have mattered

Well, for me, emotionally it just felt over.. i wasn't trying to slam the team.. My thought was "THis is a good spot for him to debut"..

You're right, logically it was still reasonable to hope for a comeback.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD
    Well, for me, emotionally it just felt over.. i wasn't trying to slam the team.. My thought was "THis is a good spot for him to debut"..

You're right, logically it was still reasonable to hope for a comeback.
    It probably was...Prior was cruising....had the bullpen been coming in for the Cubs, it probably would have been worse timing because the Cubs bullpen isn't the best

FWIW, I think Coffey might have been a tad nervous. He settled down after his first inning. Here's to his and the Reds success in the future!

Time is the Revelator.

How was Claussen tonight? 6 Ks and 0 BBs in the boxscore look good. But how did he actually pitch? Fill me in.

Quote Originally Posted by OldCat
    When we get done trading Sean and everyone worse than him on the team for pitching we'll have about 2-3 postion players and 30 pitchers.

I don't understand why people are so content on trading this guy. We have sluggers with 40 HR potential, and we don't need another one, and we're not going to get a number one ace if he is traded. The guy has a .303 career batting average, he's a team leader, he was detremental in the acquisition of the free agents that we picked up in the offseason, and he's a great guy. I don't think Peter Gammons, nor the ones calling for his ouster will get their way, as Casey will probably be a lifelong Red.

Quote Originally Posted by LvJ
    How was Claussen tonight? 6 Ks and 0 BBs in the boxscore look good. But how did he actually pitch? Fill me in.
    His fastball is very slow..top I saw was about 88
    Go Gators!

I was at the ballgame, and I thought Claussen pitched better than his line. The reports I heard from spring training were that he was topping out at the low to mid 80's. A lefty can be effective at 88-90. He grooved one to Patterson, and Ramirez's broken bat hit with the bases loaded really stung. Jr. had the runner at third on that one if Randa handles it. But, overall, Claussen did a decent job of changing speeds, making his fastball look a little better than the reading on the radar gun. Considering the layoff and his performance this spring, I would have to say it was an encouraging start.

Turn Off Ads?