Turn Off Ads?
Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2424849505152

Thread: 4/27 Cubs vs. Reds-Let's Take 2 of 3

Re: 4/27 Cubs vs. Reds-Let's Take 2 of 3

Quote Originally Posted by Casey_21
    I think I have it perfect.. Who would want the old ones on our team? even Griff?
    It doesn't matter, the Reds can't win with them now and won't in the future unless they develop their own pitching ... it is as simple as that.

When you rebuild something you tear it down to the foundation. Dunn Kearns Pena and Wagner is as far as it goes. Everybody else is available.
    Last edited by flyer85; 04-27-2005 at 07:43 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'll say this: this offense is really starting to come around. They WILL be fun to watch, even if it is in a losing effort. They've got a lot of depth. The Reds scored all these runs in this series without their "second best" offensive player so far this year in Pena.

I'll say this too: Claussen to me seems like an interesting hope in the pitching department--he seems to be able to get a decent amount out of his limited "stuff." He might be someone the pitching staff could rally round if he keeps up his modest success. He seems to have that je ne sais quoi (read: killer instinct) that the rest of this staff lacks (coming back after a rough start against the Cubs last week to stifle them the rest of the way, hanging in with the Marlins quite well). I'm not glowingly optimistic about him and his chances of prolonged success (I happen to be worried about his drop in velocity), but whatever can help shame the rest of this staff is fine with me.
    Last edited by Falls City Beer; 04-27-2005 at 07:49 PM.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

If you really want to rebuild, get rid of the old, resign the young players you want and move on. It will be tough next year, but the 2007 year could really benefit from it as the youngsters go through the fire in 2006.

I would probably sign Dunn,Pena,Kearns,Claussen(hopefully) and Wagner after the season is over and proclaim that this is my core I will build around. But the Reds won't do that.

Reds = pre-Marvin Bengals

becoming more and more apparent game after game, season after season

incompetence at all levels

hangers on drawing a few more millions before hanging it up or moving on and getting cut somewhere else after a mediocre stint with the Reds

no clue how to find and develop the most important position in the game (Reds=pitching, pre-Marvin Bengals=QB)

questionable committment to winning by front office

cronies network chosen over best and brightest in key organizational positions

That ought to give a few folks some excuses to come up with

BTW, the solutions should be obvious to those key barometers that are giving us poor readings in the organization.
    Last edited by traderumor; 04-27-2005 at 08:16 PM.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Time is the Revelator.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    I'll say this: this offense is really starting to come around. They WILL be fun to watch, even if it is in a losing effort. They've got a lot of depth. The Reds scored all these runs in this series without their "second best" offensive player so far this year in Pena.

I'll say this too: Claussen to me seems like an interesting hope in the pitching department--he seems to be able to get a decent amount out of his limited "stuff." He might be someone the pitching staff could rally round if he keeps up his modest success. He seems to have that je ne sais quoi (read: killer instinct) that the rest of this staff lacks (coming back after a rough start against the Cubs last week to stifle them the rest of the way, hanging in with the Marlins quite well). I'm not glowingly optimistic about him and his chances of prolonged success (I happen to be worried about his drop in velocity), but whatever can help shame the rest of this staff is fine with me.
    Uh, who are you and where is the real FCB? :ughmamoru

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor
    Danny Graves is in the clubhouse now having a closed door team meeting (with arms around Belisle and Milton):

"Don't worry guys. Just like I told Eric, there's no pressure here, man. Its way cool. You just go out there and pitch every once in a while, and if you suck, no big deal. My check still clears. As long as you're a good clubhouse presence, you're safe. Ok, anyone seen my remote control truck? Who lined up the strippers for the party in Milwaukee tomorrow?"

Turn Off Ads?