Turn Off Ads?
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930

Thread: Mother's Day 5/8 game thread vs Dodgers

Re: Mother's Day 5/8 game thread vs Dodgers

Does this count as another mothers day massacre?
    Go Gators!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    I have to tell you, I had no high hopes for this season, but I had no idea this team would suck this bad. I'm shocked at how awful this team is.
    I had high hopes. I thought at least they were trying to bring in some pitching. But, not being one who knows a whole hell of a lot about the stuff...or lack there of that they brought in, I fell for it.

I don't watch the games, just follow them on the web, so I have a lot of faith in my friends here on this board to tell me what's happening. Can't say I can remember when this group was so down so early. Maybe we are all just getting sick of it and our hope wells have collectively run dry, but I sense very little optimism about this being a young season, about there being a lot of baseball to play and all that. This is just a bad ballclub from top to bottom right now.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM
    You haven't missed anything, it's probably jsut a different perspective. But John Allen is the guy steering the ship of the franchise. This is a franchise problem that starts much higher than the 25 players and the coaches in the dugout. This is an organization that has no idea what they're doing and no direction at all. John Allen might be not directly to blame, but he's in so far over his head, he just can't see anything. The rest of it trickles down from there.
    Oh, I agree. It needs to change from top to bottom and maybe send some players packing, too. But having said that, there has to be something wrong on the field, too. With the talent we have offensively, there is no excuse for non-improvement from year to year. We still strikeout at an alarming rate. We haven't hit with RISP in so long I can't remember. It just gets worse. That's on the coaching staff, the manager, and the general manager. That's what I was saying.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

You haven't missed anything, it's probably jsut a different perspective. But John Allen is the guy steering the ship of the franchise. This is a franchise problem that starts much higher than the 25 players and the coaches in the dugout. This is an organization that has no idea what they're doing and no direction at all. John Allen might be not directly to blame, but he's in so far over his head, he just can't see anything. The rest of it trickles down from there.
    yep. agreed.

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan
    Oh, I agree. It needs to change from top to bottom and maybe send some players packing, too. But having said that, there has to be something wrong on the field, too. With the talent we have offensively, there is no excuse for non-improvement from year to year. We still strikeout at an alarming rate. We haven't hit with RISP in so long I can't remember. It just gets worse. That's on the coaching staff, the manager, and the general manager. That's what I was saying.
    Couldnt agree much more with that.

good point WV. This is far more complex - and NOT OUR JOB to fix. But I certainly wish there was something we, as fans, could do to initiate some action towards a healthy front office. I wish we could send a message to Mr. Lindner.

Yes, but the overall condition of the franchise is on Allen and Lindner. And I disagree with your assessment with the talent, which is where we part ways. I thought this was a bad team on paper (I predicted 90 losses coming into the season). When you top that off with the wrong players being the ones getting the PT (see Aurilia), then you have the recipe for one of the wrost teams in the game.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Man, more posts from me tonight than in the last year! Stepping away from the computer....

(still stepping away, but totally enjoying a day off and Redzone) .....if we could place a notice of some sort in the Enquirer (they could no doubt use the money) I'm in for a hun.

Yes, but the overall condition of the franchise is on Allen and Lindner. And I disagree with your assessment with the talent, which is where we part ways. I thought this was a bad team on paper (I predicted 90 losses coming into the season). When you top that off with the wrong players being the ones getting the PT (see Aurilia), then you have the recipe for one of the wrost teams in the game.
    Really, MWM, we totally agree. I just don't express myself as well as you. I have the same feelings. No disagreement here as far as I'm concerned.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wally post
    good point WV. This is far more complex - and NOT OUR JOB to fix. But I certainly wish there was something we, as fans, could do to initiate some action towards a healthy front office. I wish we could send a message to Mr. Lindner.
    Not attending games speaks volumes. I imagine that even an aged billionaire can decipher that message.
    /r/reds

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted
    Not attending games speaks volumes. I imagine that even an aged billionaire can decipher that message.
    It hasn't worked in the past. On the contrary, their response has been that the fans lack of enthusiasm for coming down and watching the Reds lose would mean higher ticket prices and low payroll. Obtuse doesn't begin to describe these guys.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

At the beginning of the 6th when Roepke led off with a sharp single to RF, I turned to Kitty and said, "Get the bullpen up." When Milton gave up the slam to Phillips I felt somewhat vindicated. Now that I think about it, it wouldn't have mattered if they brought someone in from the pen unless it was Wagner and I knew he had the night off anyway. Anyone they brought in was going to be the match the the gas can that was Milton.

MWM was right. Where the hell was Kearns when Aurilia was up with the bases loaded?! He could have put Kearns in RF, moved Freel to 2nd and slid Lopez to SS. Of course where the hell was Kearns when the game started?! Then Miley double switches with Aurilia in the next inning anyway. Folks, this is going to be a looooooooooooong season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?