Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds/Padres: May 9, 2005

Re: Reds/Padres: May 9, 2005

LET'S GO REDS,LET'S GO! Let me hear you! Don't worry be happy! Smiles everyone,Smiles!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Okay, Marty, ask Miley the tough ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Petitt33
    Hmm, I am pissed to say the least.

Is there something wrong with Kearns or is Miley just that damn stupid?
    can't be suprised? What changed over yesterday? RA gets another 0-fer, that is a daily occurrence.

I am clueless as to what is going.

My only conclusion is that Miley is afraid to play Kearns everyday. Why? Because he will have a serious problem if Kearns plays everyday and gets hot, what happens when Pena come back? Miley doesn't want to deal with the sitaution where it is obvious the 3 young guys are superior hitters to Jr and especially Casey.

Afterall them is team is not losing because he is playing the out machine in Aurilia.

Way to serve up the softballs, Marty. He had the perfect opportunity to follow up with the Aurillia question, but he never brought Rich up. Dissappointing.

I'm dumbfounded, does Miley have a clue? Why is Kearns not in the lineup? I'm sorry but Miley has got to go. Rich Aurilia is going to go 0-4, and leave 5 RISP, and Miley will pinch-hit Cruz ahead of Kearns, and then say afterwards he was holding Kearns back for that big home run.

You know, I was going to go down to the stadium tonight. But, then I saw this lineup and my motivation to go disappeared.

The beat rolls on

Marty must love Miley...
    Go Gators!

Freel, best at 2ndbase in right, Kearns our best defensive outfielder on the bench, Lopez, our shortstop heir apparent at 2nd, Casey batting 3rd where some kind of base running ability is much to be desired, and Legs of Lombardi Aurilia at SS? Even if the Reds had great pitching it's be tough to win with this kind of managing. Heck, we might get a hit from the catcher tonight, though.

Maybe, just maybe Rich has been in the lineup recently because there is a scout from Japan watching him tonight and we are hoping for a trade? Please. Please be true.

Seriously, though, is any teams shortstop playing worse than Rich and have no job security? I hope so and I hope Dano is offering to pay at least half of Aurillia's salary.

BTW, with Peavy and his nasty slider Dunn will be ptiched around like Weaver did last night. He won't get anything to hit if the AB is important. Peavy and his slider will handle Randa and Aurilia.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85
    BTW, with Peavy and his nasty slider Dunn will be ptiched around like Weaver did last night. He won't get anything to hit if the AB is important. Peavy and his slider will handle Randa and Aurilia.
    Flyer, is there any way that you'd consider managing the Reds? That sort of insight is sorely lacking apparently from the top of the organization to the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85
    All too true. The better the pitcher the more they'll go this route as long as Randa and Aurilia are "protecting" Dunn. That's why Dunn would bat third if I had my druthers and Jr. 4th, Casey 5th. If they walk AD then at least they'd have to get 2 real hitters out.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS
    Flyer, is there any way that you'd consider managing the Reds? That sort of insight is sorely lacking apparently from the top of the organization to the bottom.
    Just proof that any idiot can do it. Why can't the Reds get it right?

Turn Off Ads?