Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/29 Reds v Pirates(Rich hitting 7th)

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Re: 5/29 Reds v Pirates(Rich hitting 7th)

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor
    "C'mon Brian, you got Matsui playing center and Womack in left. Jr. can still hold his own in center and his bat is coming around."
    Divorcing myself from what I know has to happen for the Reds to be successful, I would still love to see them keep Griffey...just becuase I still get shivers when he goes long.

It's a "he was my favorite player growing up" thing. I realize that and am attempting to deal with it.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    Dunn takes a ball, strike 1 swinging, ball 2, chases a bad pitch down and away, chases a pitch at the ankles.

I think somebody switched Javier Valentin and Adam Dunn's bodies. Dunn has been swinging at everything lately. That's what some people have been calling for.
    Who's been calling for Adam to swing at everything? And he struck out looking his first turn.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor
    Divorcing myself from what I know has to happen for the Reds to be successful, I would still love to see them keep Griffey...just becuase I still get shivers when he goes long.

It's a "he was my favorite player growing up" thing. I realize that and am attempting to deal with it.
    Yea, it is too bad that choice has to be made, I know what you mean, but since we seemingly have to choose between more of this type of roster or unloading a large contract, I'll take the latter.

Who's been calling for Adam to swing at everything? And he struck out looking his first turn.
    Numerous times I've seen people state that they want Dunn to expand his strikezone. He's been doing that lately and now he is slumping like he's Javy Valentin.

Who's been calling for Adam to swing at everything? .

TR, you're kidding right?

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD
    The problem is that there's not enough time to write that email and Marty is most likely either incapable or unwilling to understand.
    Please try. Here's what I wrote (and I'm a novice at best)... and, of course, I had the audacity to disagree with Howsam:

"RBI is a ridiculous stat to gage a player's performance. The batter, whether a good one or a bad one, has absolutely no control over whether or not there are runners on base when he's at the plate. In addition, a batter is pitched to differently if there are guys on base or in scoring position vs the bases being empty.

In addition, Adam Dunn has received little to no protection behind him in the order this year, which also affects how he's pitched."
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    Please try. Here's what I wrote (and I'm a novice at best)... and, of course, I had the audacity to disagree with Howsam:

"RBI is a ridiculous stat to gage a player's performance. The batter, whether a good one or a bad one, has absolutely no control over whether or not there are runners on base when he's at the plate. In addition, a batter is pitched to differently if there are guys on base or in scoring position vs the bases being empty.

In addition, Adam Dunn has received little to no protection behind him in the order this year, which also affects how he's pitched."

TB,

I think that's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    Numerous times I've seen people say they want Dunn to expand his strikezone. He's been doing that lately and now he is slumping like he's Javy Valentin.
    I've understood the consensus of that strike out less via more contact and protecting the zone late, but I've seen very few suggest "expanding" it

Kearns walk.

Aurilia steps in chases 2 bad pitches, works the count to 3-2 and takes a curve for strike 3.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone

Thats a good response. If Marty reads it on the air, let us know. I'd want to go back and listen to him make himself sound foolish trying to rebutt anything you said. Good job.
    "...You just have a wider lens than one game."
    --Former Reds GM Wayne Krivsky, on why he didn't fly Josh Hamilton to Colorado for one game.

"...its money well-spent. Don't screw around with your freedom."
    --Roy Tucker, on why you need to lawyer up when you find yourself swimming with sharks.

I've understood the consensus of that strike out less via more contact and protecting the zone late, but I've seen very few suggest "expanding" it
    I've seen it plenty of times. They brought it up that Dunn would hit for a higher average and K less if he expanded his zone. I'll try to find some examples when I have time.

LaRue doubles in Kearns, 8-0 Reds.

Freel double scores LaRue!

9-0 Reds.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Instant poll question: Is Ryan Freel an All-Star based on his numbers to this point?

A. Yes, absolutely.
    B. Not a chance.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor
    Instant poll question: Is Ryan Freel an All-Star based on his numbers to this point?

A. Yes, absolutely.
    B. Not a chance.
    A

Without a doubt if this continues he is our all-star.......but June can be a cruel month.
    Let's play two!!!

Turn Off Ads?