Turn Off Ads?
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031

Thread: Game Thread 5/31 vs Astros: Aurilia for Kearns

Re: Game Thread 5/31 vs Astros: Aurilia for Kearns

Lidge is so good that when they showed the slow-mo of his Ks on LaRue and Kearns you still couldn't see the ball.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Well,that was enertaining and didn't make my chest hurt so much. Which at this point adds up to a good night of baseball for me.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Rich Aurilia is Deep Throat.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Give Stone the boot to make room for Hudson or Pena.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD
    Hey, look at that. Bring in a pinch runner, try a bunt when down by two and watch the runner get picked off 2nd.

BRILLIANT!!!! I'll sure bet the Astros weren't expecting THAT!
    Not to mention bunting your hottest hitter, and that the game would still be tied if Jason Romano was either in AAA or working at a car wash. I change my vote for him as a potential bench role player. Not if you're that friggin stupid!!!!!!!!!
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

So....Welsh blames Lopez partially for the pickoff, saying Romano was trying to get a good lead on the bunt play and Lopez hung him out to dry by not getting the bunt down. I think I know who is Miley's primary consultant.

I had a nightmare tonite. Lemme share:

I dreamt that the Reds were down 2 in the 7th with two on and none out and Miley tried to take the bat out of Felipe's hands with a bunt only Romano got caught straying off of second anticipating the bunt and the Reds rally was neutered just as it was getting started.

Then I dreamt that Rich Aurilia got four at-bats and Austin Kearns sat on the bench.

Then I realized I wasn't dreaming.

The pain is unyielding, unending, unbearable.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor
    So....Welsh blames Lopez partially for the pickoff, saying Romano was trying to get a good lead on the bunt play and Lopez hung him out to dry by not getting the bunt down. I think I know who is Miley's primary consultant.
    Yeearrrgghh.

The performance of Chris Welsh and George Grande hit new lows tonite. Seriously.

How about the lingering camera work on Lopez like it was somehow HIS fault that Tavarez is faster than greased lightening and beat out that infield hit in the mid innings.

Next, if I hear "get 'em on, get 'em over, get 'em in" one more time this season, I may frickin' run amuck here in Memphis. Really and truly.

And yes, apparently Welsh tried to make it Lopez's fault that he couldn't bunt the breaking ball at his ankles.

Dave Miley confounds me.

And, really, the Rich Aurilia thing continues to be a bigger mystery than the now revealed Deep Throat.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal
    When his average dips to .100, do you think they will finally sit him then?
    By the way, some of you with the reputation Nazi stuff...you are just weird. I got dinged for this with a comment of "basic research please". i KNOW his average is now .192. I was serious, when it gets to .100 (flat even .100) will they finally sit him?

There is a reason I don't assign rep points one way of the other, and it is partially because of weirdness like that.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal
    By the way, some of you with the reputation Nazi stuff...you are just weird. I got dinged for this with a comment of "basic research please". i KNOW his average is now .192. I was serious, when it gets to .100 (flat even .100) will they finally sit him?

There is a reason I don't assign rep points one way of the other, and it is partially because of weirdness like that.
    The poster who is assigning that line (and it's been done several times tonight) has absolutely no concept of the reputation system. (S)he is very much in danger of losing that ability if nonsense like this continues.

The performance of Chris Welsh and George Grande hit new lows tonite.
    George Grande really made the comment with two outs in the ninth and Freel on first that the Reds could not sacrifice here. But then, now that I think about it, maybe Miley has a feed with which to make decisions and that was a heads up. Dan Wheeler was compared to David Weathers because they have similar windups. I'm not making this stuff up.

Turn Off Ads?