Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 6/13 Reds/Sox Jr is the DH

Re: 6/13 Reds/Sox Jr is the DH

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but Randa should be in the 2 slot over Lopez right now.

Higher OBP.

I feel dirty.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Very happy with Jr. at DH. Keep those hamstrings off the field for a few games.

Freel can play center. He jumped over the fence for a catch earlier in the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    I know. Has Freel played OF there when he was with TOR?
    I am not sure Freel may have played there when he was with TOR. You would think a player coming off a leg injury like Freel you would not want to have to cover all that ground in CF.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic
    I am not sure Freel may have played there when he was with TOR. You would think a player coming off a leg injury like Freel you would not want to have to cover all that ground in CF.
    Yeah. I'd have had him in RF and Jr. in CF but if the choice was Freel or WMP in CF, I'd go with Freel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

There are several guys on this team with better CF range than Junior right now. I gots no prob with him DH'n.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Randa is excelling in the 2 hole and RA has is on fire. I just want the REDS to win.

I'm so excited about this series with the BoSox; it feels like opening day excitement.
    Don't smoke'em if you got'em

The REDS are going to need 8+ runs to win tonight. No reason with this lineup we can't get it.
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

I can NOT believe I forgot to TiVo this tonight :mad:

Oh well, needing solid pbp from you fellas/ladies tonight. Agree with most of what's been said on the lineup...could be better, but yes, Aurillia deserves to play right now...been hitting well :hurl:

I like seeing Jr. have the night off from CF...this is the guy who has not been able to stay healthy since Christ was a Corporal, remember.

Go get'em fellas!

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

I have no problem having Griffey take a rest by DHing him. He's played an awful lot this year.

While I prefer Lopez hitting 2nd over Randa, Randa has been hot, very hot, and Lopez can probably drive in runs hitting lower. While he hasn't had a particularly hard time driving in runs from the 2 spot, I can live with it. I'm guessing that Lopez hasn't been particularly good (or doesn't like) taking pitches for Freel to steal. It seems like Freel steals more with Randa hitting behind him, but I haven't checked to see if my impression is correct.

I'd flip flop Casey and Dunn, but Casey has been the better hitter since the end of April, so it would be a strange time to do it. Assuming casey has to hit 3rd, I'd put Pena ahead of Dunn, as it helps the L-R thing, and Dunn hasn't actually outplayed Pena to date.

And Aurilla has also been hot, no reason to sit him now that we can use the DH.

I'd prefer:

Freel
    Lopez
    Dunn
    Griffey
    Pena
    Casey
    Randa
    Aurilla
    Valentin

But I can live with what's there. At least it's defensible.
    Last edited by PuffyPig; 06-13-2005 at 07:05 PM.

How has Pena hit off Clement during his career? I figure it has been a struggle for Wily?

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig
    I'd flip flop Casey and Dunn, but Casey has been the better hitter since the end of April, so it would be a strange time to do it. .
    Actually, they've been essentially the same hitter since 1 May.

Casey 24.64 Runs Created per 150 TPA (total: 25.3 RC, 154 TPA)
    Dunn 23.63 Runs Created per 150 TPA (total: 26.0 RC, 165 TPA)

FWIW, it's nice to play the DRays to get your bats untracked (of course, it's usually nice to play the REDS, too for most of this year). We have had better pitching lately. Nice to see.

Last 7 Days....

NAME AB........................ OPS
    Randy Keisler 3 .............2.667
    Kenny Kelly 1 ...............2.000
    Jacob Cruz 9 ................1.455
    Rich Aurilia 14 ...............1.319
    K. Griffey Jr. 25 .............1.244
    Wily Mo Pena 19 ............1.105
    Joe Randa 22 ................1.044
    Felipe Lopez 21 ..............1.000
    Jason LaRue 15 ................894
    Adam Dunn 24 ..................849
    J. Valentin 6 .....................833
    Ryan Freel 15 ...................807
    Sean Casey 26 ..................798
    Ramon Ortiz 3 ....................667
    Luke Hudson 2 ....................333
    Luis Lopez 3 .......................000
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

Quote Originally Posted by Aronchis
    How has Pena hit off Clement during his career? I figure it has been a struggle for Wily?
    Pena is 1 for 3 with a HR against Clement. Actually a lot of our hitters hit well against Clement. Freel has a .444 average, Aurilia has a .389 average, Dunn has a .348 average with 1 HR, Griffey has a .333 average and Casey has 2 HRs against Clement.

Is M2 going to the game tonight? Or any of the games? I want a full report, cap'n.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Fenway Park and Wrigley Field are the two places on the top of my list to see a ballgame before I die.

Yankee Stadium is #3

Turn Off Ads?