Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Reds vs. Cards - 6/20 Game Thread

Re: Reds vs. Cards - 6/20 Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61
    And in the world of competitive baseball, Chris Booker strikes out 3 to get the save for Louisville, 3-2. Too bad Reds can't use him.
    I was going to make this post.

in 32IP he has given up 21hits with 42Ks and 17BBs. That walk rate is high but he misses a lot of bats. You would think he would at least get a shot.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61
    And in the world of competitive baseball, Chris Booker strikes out 3 to get the save for Louisville, 3-2. Too bad Reds can't use him.
    Hey, our major league roster is loaded. Tough to break in on this staff.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85
    I was going to make this post.

in 32IP he has given up 21hits with 42Ks and 17BBs. That walk rate is high but he misses a lot of bats. You would think he would at least get a shot.
    Missing bats is not pitching to contact :

You know Matt, taped to the back of Binder #47 is the instructional video titled: "Tom Emanski's How to pitch like Cory Lidle."
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

I was able to catch video of the Lopez homerun. I too noticed that Carpenter was jawing at Felipe as he rounded third. Did anyone ever figure out what he was spouting off about?

Lopez didn't show him up or anything. He couldn't have possibly been upset that Lopez swung for the fences in that situation.

Video of the Lopez homerun can be found by clicking on the top plays link.

Well... Marc Lancaster has a quote from Felipe regarding Carpenter.

Along those lines, I asked Felipe about the exchange with Carpenter and he gave us a great quote ("I stopped to hear what he was saying to me, but he never looked back, so I guess it must have not been that important")
    http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/spring/

By the way Marc, I love reading your blog. Especially your Day in the Life posts!

He was probably thanking him for hitting the solo home run. They are rally killers you know.

Coward. Felipe would go loco on his ass. lol
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor
    http://forums.stltoday.com/viewtopic...1e65a50deb8e9d

Some confirmation that it isn't just us about how slobbery Grande and Welsh are toward the Cards.
    How sad. And the PR people don't have a clue. We are truly rudderless.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

I dont see how Carpenter could be mad at Lopez. Right after he hit the ball he took off running and ran all the way around the bases except when he heard Carpenter saying something when he was getting near homeplate.

I just hope the Cardinals arent stupid enough to hit Lopez tomorrow because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513
    I just hope the Cardinals arent stupid enough to hit Lopez tomorrow because of that.
    If they are the entire team would deserve a suspension

"How dare he hit a home run"
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513
    I dont see how Carpenter could be mad at Lopez. Right after he hit the ball he took off running and ran all the way around the bases except when he heard Carpenter saying something when he was getting near homeplate.

hopefully they will. A little bean ball war and a brawl could make it more interesting.

You know what ticks me off even more.....was Welsh saying..."Now what is Lopez saying to Carpentar? Why is he jawing with him?"

This guy and GG have their heads up STL colon that they cannot even objectively see that it was CC who was doing the yelling.

Turn Off Ads?