Turn Off Ads?
Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 364243444546

Thread: 6-22 vs Cardinals -- Dunn out of the 6 hole

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Re: 6-22 vs Cardinals -- Dunn out of the 6 hole

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD
    It's just that Castro's July is something planted firmly in the front of my mind anytime someone (i.e. Marty) goes ga-ga over a smattering of AB.
    Though I think we can agree Aurilia has had a history of moderate success in his previous days... Castro hasnt... Not siding with Marty...just sayin'

2. Turn Off Ads?

Never, ever, ever, bet the "due".

With that, I just woke up for work and realized the game is over. Hey, we won

Dunn, 7th? Great, he homered twice. Now he might move to 8th and jack 3 out.

SOMETHING MUST BE DONE REGARDING WAGNER....SOMETHING JUST IS PLAIN NOT RIGHT!!!

Other than that, nice to get a win, in spite of lineup order.

Quote Originally Posted by OldXOhio
    It'd be interesting to see the reaction to RA on here if he (a) were used as a backup (b) kept his mouth shut and accepted his role. Despite his propensity to be hot and cold as you said, it does make for an interesting situation for next season. Do you bring this guy back for 500K next season if he understands his part time role? I can think of worse guys to bring off the bench once or twice a week.
    And see, I had no issue with his signing- primarily because I FORGOT what I should have remembered about how Miley used Castro. I didn't think Miley would be dumb enough to actually start the guy daily over a younger/faster/stronger Lopez.

I was wrong.

And frankly, I don't think that Aurilia is ever going to shut up about playing time. He thinks he should be starting, wanted a say in his DL stint, and threw a fit to get back to the bigs while on rehab. After seeing that, I don't really even want the guy around as a backup option. Not because I don't think he could do it. But because Aurilia isn't at the stage of his career where he thinks he's a backup. That means, he's less likely to try to help mentor the kids because he sees them as competition. That's just a bad thing.

The Reds either need to get a younger player in here who appreciates just being in the Show or they need to find a vet who has already understood that he's a backup and will help guys work on their games.

I'm not saying he's a bad guy. But he just doesn't fit.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD
    And see, I had no issue with his signing- primarily because I FORGOT what I should have remembered about how Miley used Castro. I didn't think Miley would be dumb enough to actually start the guy daily over a younger/faster/stronger Lopez.

I was wrong.

And frankly, I don't think that Aurilia is ever going to shut up about playing time. He thinks he should be starting, wanted a say in his DL stint, and threw a fit to get back to the bigs while on rehab. After seeing that, I don't really even want the guy around as a backup option. Not because I don't think he could do it. But because Aurilia isn't at the stage of his career where he thinks he's a backup. That means, he's less likely to try to help mentor the kids because he sees them as competition. That's just a bad thing.

The Reds either need to get a younger player in here who appreciates just being in the Show or they need to find a vet who has already understood that he's a backup and will help guys work on their games.

I'm not saying he's a bad guy. But he just doesn't fit.
    Good Post.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Adam Dunn is tied for the major league lead in homeruns(20) with: Alex Rodriguez, Mark Teixeira, Andruw Jones, and Derrek Lee.

What's more impressive about Dunn is the fewer amount of atbats it took him to reach 20. Look at the AB/HR rate for the five players mentioned.

Adam Dunn-231 ab, 20 homeruns...11.6 ab/hr
    Andruw Jones-256 ab, 20 homeruns...12.8 ab/hr
    Derrek Lee-259 ab, 20 homeruns...13.0 ab/hr
    Alex Rodriguez-266 ab, 20 homeruns...13.3 ab/hr
    Mark Teixeira-284 ab, 20 homeruns...14.2 ab/hr

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    Adam Dunn is tied for the major league lead in homeruns(20) with: Alex Rodriguez, Mark Teixeira, Andruw Jones, and Derrek Lee.

What's more impressive about Dunn is the fewer amount of atbats it took him to reach 20. Look at the AB/HR rate for the five players mentioned.

Adam Dunn-231 ab, 20 homeruns...11.6 ab/hr
    Andruw Jones-256 ab, 20 homeruns...12.8 ab/hr
    Derrek Lee-259 ab, 20 homeruns...13.0 ab/hr
    Alex Rodriguez-266 ab, 20 homeruns...13.3 ab/hr
    Mark Teixeira-284 ab, 20 homeruns...14.2 ab/hr

You tend to get more AB's out of the 6th spot. Andruw Jones, I believe hits 6th as well.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Be nice if he had some of those at bats that are in the 3 spot.
    Go Gators!

Another Dunn tidbit.

In 2004, Dunn belted his 20th homerun of the season on June 22. This year, Dunn hits his 20th homerun on June 22.

Dunn 2004-12.3 ab/hr, 2005-11.6 ab/hr

Boy, this was a LONG game thread... got back from the game about an hour ago [traffic was horrific].

AND like I said before - I just reading game threads after attending the game.
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    Another Dunn tidbit.

In 2004, Dunn belted his 20th homerun of the season on June 22. This year, Dunn hits his 20th homerun on June 22.

Dunn 2004-12.3 ab/hr, 2005-11.6 ab/hr
    Better then last year yet his bat avg is down

Makes ya think
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    As for the trade Dunn folks.. come on..... you're talking about where he bats as a reason to trade him?

I'd rather he bat 6th for my team than cleanup for another.
    True.

Since the REDS are into being cheap, and it doesn't seem to matter what they throw out there for a lineup, maybe they should let a different fan set the lineup every day.

If anything, it couldn't be worse, and it would be a lot of fun.
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

"I told (Dunn) if he hits three, he's leading off Friday," Narron said.

Guess Dunn's stuck in the seven hole then.
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

Turn Off Ads?