Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Dunn batting 2nd? --Game thread in the form of a question

Re: Dunn batting 2nd? --Game thread in the form of a question

i still can't find what you're talking about, Terry.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

2. Turn Off Ads?

My point is some of us get "negged" for negative comments. Some of us get "negged" for disagreeing with certain posters. Some of us get "negged" for taking shots at a player, even during game threads when diehards tend to "kneejerk". It's all about "negging" now, unless you're a member of the other board.

Read the game thread on the other board -- the link I was referring to; it's ok to make fun of Casey and Dunn over there -- or anything else Reds-related. It's laughed upon. But the slightest hint of a negative comment on this board is considered NEGATIVE -- and you get "negged". And of course, it's the other half that does the "negging".

This has gone from the best Reds message board to the worst sports board I've posted on in my ten years on the internet. It'd be fine if this site was divided between a pay site and a free site -- like the Rivals sites do. But that's not the case here. It's become a site for the have's and have not's. And it's obvious who has rules and who doesn't.

Just look at the number of posts in the game threads on this half of the board now, compared to what it use to be. That says it all.

How do you even post negative and/or positive points for a poster? I've wanted to at times, but don't know how to actually do it.
    "Why's he keep callin' me meat? I'm the guy drivin' a Porsche." - Calvin LaLoosh

Moneyball = Mulder, Hudson, Zito

After reading over this thread in its entirety, the situation with the name-calling has been addressed.

The bottom line: personal attacks like I've seen from both parties involved will NOT be tolerated.

Most. Embarrassing. Thread. Ever. :thumbdown
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

I can't believe all these posts about "The Clique" and no one will fess up and tell the truth.

Well, I'm not afraid of the backlash.

There is a secret Clique of Redszone.

We meet every 3rd Tuesday at the VFW in Cincy, where we have a alter to the sacred stat of OPS.

Each meeting kicks off with the members chanting "Appono Crepido", latin for On Base repeatedly, while the high council members light candles in front of the shrine to our sacred player, Adam Dunn.

Upon gaining membership to "The Clique", you'll be granted the rights to wear the clique's secret membership hat at all "Clique" functions.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog
    After reading over this thread in its entirety, the situation with the name-calling has been addressed.

The bottom line: personal attacks like I've seen from both parties involved will NOT be tolerated.
    Thank you Boss

Quote Originally Posted by Terry
    My point is some of us get "negged" for negative comments. Some of us get "negged" for disagreeing with certain posters. Some of us get "negged" for taking shots at a player, even during game threads when diehards tend to "kneejerk". It's all about "negging" now, unless you're a member of the other board.

Read the game thread on the other board -- the link I was referring to; it's ok to make fun of Casey and Dunn over there -- or anything else Reds-related. It's laughed upon. But the slightest hint of a negative comment on this board is considered NEGATIVE -- and you get "negged". And of course, it's the other half that does the "negging".

This has gone from the best Reds message board to the worst sports board I've posted on in my ten years on the internet. It'd be fine if this site was divided between a pay site and a free site -- like the Rivals sites do. But that's not the case here. It's become a site for the have's and have not's. And it's obvious who has rules and who doesn't.

Just look at the number of posts in the game threads on this half of the board now, compared to what it use to be. That says it all.
    Well, you don't have to come here.

that was a long game. it lasted 4 days.

never saw a game thread this long.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain19
    Upon gaining membership to "The Clique", you'll be granted the rights to wear the clique's secret membership hat at all "Clique" functions.

Who's that in the middle?
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain19
    I can't believe all these posts about "The Clique" and no one will fess up and tell the truth.

Well, I'm not afraid of the backlash.

There is a secret Clique of Redszone.

We meet every 3rd Tuesday at the VFW in Cincy, where we have a alter to the sacred stat of OPS.

Each meeting kicks off with the members chanting "Appono Crepido", latin for On Base repeatedly, while the high council members light candles in front of the shrine to our sacred player, Adam Dunn.

Hmmm,

Well maybe those of us on the outside need to come to the meetings and "bust some stuff up." But, I'm thinking there is a magical genie that is worshiped that spits out numbers and that is what the clique beleives in. I mean that's the only reasoning I can come up with. Maybe I need to drink more or something so that crazy ideas make more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Who's that in the middle?
    Sorry,

I can't say. If you want to know PM me and we'll backchannel.

I don't know if you were serious or not; I suspect not. But either way... it's Mel Gibson.... or Dan O'Brien.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    I don't know if you were serious or not; I suspect not. But either way... it's Mel Gibson.... or Dan O'Brien.

*cough* Joaquin Phoenix *cough*
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Really? And I thought I saw this movie.

Hate it when I'm blatantly wrong.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Turn Off Ads?