Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Dunn batting 2nd? --Game thread in the form of a question

Re: Dunn batting 2nd? --Game thread in the form of a question

Can someone please tell me how to use the code tool so I can cut and paste without losing the format. I have no idea what I'm doing. Thanks.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by PickOff
    Can someone please tell me how to use the code tool so I can cut and paste without losing the format. I have no idea what I'm doing. Thanks.
    I dont know how to just cut and paste it to have it be perfect. I have to use the space bar and hit preview post untill I get everything lined up.... but in order to do that you have to use the Code thing (#).

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513
    I dont know how to just cut and paste it to have it be perfect. I have to use the space bar and hit preview post untill I get everything lined up.... but in order to do that you have to use the Code thing (#).
    So we are kind of in the same boat in that neither of us know how to use the code thing. Here's hoping we can both be rid of the dredded space bar line up.

Rain delay, folks.

Any word on how long the rain delay will be?

Not looking good. Marty said there is alot of standing water.

I cannot beleive people are happy Dunn is batting second. Let's trade him now. If he is on this team for his OBP then fine, let's pay him like you would someone with a high OBP that scores runs, let him sign a 5 year $30 mil contract. I'd be fine with that. To keep this man in Cincinnati it is going to take upwards of $10 million a year, I'm sorry but he is not worth $10 million per year because he scores runs and has a high OBP you can get those guys a dime a dozen. He is going to be paid like a slugger so if the Reds have already given up on him as an RBI slugger and accepted that he is a Run Scorer that hits homers with no one on base, walks and can't hit in the clutch, then its time to cut ties.

I like Dunn, but he is not worth what it is going to take to keep him here. He is tradeable and there is a lot of value you could get for him. Make this team better, make the TRADE!!!

square peg meet triangular hole.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

The top 25 dime a dozen ballplayers from last year.

Code:
    OBA                             OBA    
    1    Barry Bonds                .609   
    2    Todd Helton                .469   
    3    Lance Berkman              .450   
    4    J.D. Drew                  .436   
    5    Bobby Abreu                .428   
    6    Melvin Mora                .419   
    7    Jim Edmonds                .418   
    8    Albert Pujols              .415   
    9    Ichiro Suzuki              .414   
    10   Travis Hafner              .410   
    11   Scott Rolen                .409   
    12   Jorge Posada               .400   
    13   Jason Kendall              .399   
    14   Eric Chavez                .397   
    15   Manny Ramirez              .397   
    16   Jim Thome                  .396   
    17   Erubiel Durazo             .396   
    18   Gary Sheffield             .393   
    19   Mark Loretta               .391   
    20   Vladimir Guerrero          .391   
    21   Jason Varitek              .390   
    22   Hideki Matsui              .390   
    23   Adrian Beltre              .388   
    24   Adam Dunn                  .388   
    25   Lyle Overbay               .385

To keep this man in Cincinnati it is going to take upwards of $10 million a year, I'm sorry but he is not worth $10 million per year because he scores runs and has a high OBP you can get those guys a dime a dozen.
    Whoa.

Only 16 players in the NL have a higher OBP than Dunn. Only 9 have a higher OPS. 30 general managers, plus myself and other fans would like to know where all these high OBP hitters are. They must be hiding in your house because you are the only one who feels they come a dime a dozen.

Btw out of those 17 hitters with a higher OBP than Dunn, only six come cheaper than Dunn.

Quote Originally Posted by 2001MUgrad
    I cannot beleive people are happy Dunn is batting second. Let's trade him now. If he is on this team for his OBP then fine, let's pay him like you would someone with a high OBP that scores runs, let him sign a 5 year $30 mil contract. I'd be fine with that. To keep this man in Cincinnati it is going to take upwards of $10 million a year, I'm sorry but he is not worth $10 million per year because he scores runs and has a high OBP you can get those guys a dime a dozen. He is going to be paid like a slugger so if the Reds have already given up on him as an RBI slugger and accepted that he is a Run Scorer that hits homers with no one on base, walks and can't hit in the clutch, then its time to cut ties.

I like Dunn, but he is not worth what it is going to take to keep him here. He is tradeable and there is a lot of value you could get for him. Make this team better, make the TRADE!!!

I think most people might agree that Dunn may be too expensive for the Reds to commit to and that if the right deal came along then to go ahead and trade him. However, I think people would disagree that Dunn would not be worth the money, even if he hits 2nd the rest of his time here. I would prefer him 3rd, but no lower than 4th. Perhaps you've seen other discussions on this board regarding the issue. I'm not going to go into it at lentgh.
    Dunn 2nd is better anyday than 5th, 6th, or 7th. He is our best run producer if put in the right spot. Nobody has been hitting behind Dunn all year, so he sees no pitches with RISP. He has the least opportunities with RISP and has led of the most innings besides the leadoff spot. You also want your best run producer closer to the top of the order so he sees more at bats. Would you rather Aurilia or Randa with more AB's than Dunn? No. Would it help Dunn to have Griffey behind Dunn? Yes. I'm not sure that with Randa in the 3 hole tonight that it will do Dunn much good, but at least he will get more opportunities.

I know alot of you are happy about Dunn at #2, but Im not to keen on our POWER being that high lol. Let's just hope it pays off. With this lineup we could do better, or much worse.

I dont see this lineup doing much but helping Randa , Randa could GO OFF, with Dunn in front and Jr to protect him lol. Pena should be 5th in this lineup and Casey behind him. IMO anyways.

Anyways, cant wait for this to start.
    Proud Member of "The Bengals Lair"
    http://www.uranking.com/vote.asp?member=45269
    http://www.powerhouserock.net
    Somebody's gotta win and somebody's gotta lose and I believe in letting the other guy lose. - Pete Rose

Saying we got about 10-15 mins til start
    Somebody's gotta win and somebody's gotta lose and I believe in letting the other guy lose. - Pete Rose

Quote Originally Posted by GridironGrace
    I know alot of you are happy about Dunn at #2, but Im not to keen on our POWER being that high lol. Let's just hope it pays off. With this lineup we could do better, or much worse.
    At least with Dunn batting 2nd he's doesn't have Casey in front of him to ground into a double paly.

yea. He struggles with runners on so this could be a good spot for him. We're fixen to see how it works out.

Wish this was on TV

Turn Off Ads?