Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: July 18th - Reds vs. Cubs

Re: July 18th - Reds vs. Cubs

Aurilia's one talent is that he'll hit a HR every two weeks or so. He won't hit behind a runner consistently (unless we count pop-ups). He won't regularly produce anything but Outs. And this is the guy the Reds are giving the second most Plate Appearances to.

Oh joy.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

2. Turn Off Ads?

I fall asleep for 3 hours and look what goes on. Prior going for the Cubs on Tuesday too. I hate the Cubs.

btw, Jeter just struck out looking with runners on 1st and 3rd and 2 outs. Jeff Brantley said he was trying to hard.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD
    He won't hit behind a runner consistently (unless we count pop-ups).
    I tried getting the hit chart at Reds.com to load, it wouldn't. I wanted to see if that may indeed be the case and I had been somehow overlooking Aurilia's ability to hit behind the runner. If he has been, I haven't noticed.
    "...You just have a wider lens than one game."
    --Former Reds GM Wayne Krivsky, on why he didn't fly Josh Hamilton to Colorado for one game.

"...its money well-spent. Don't screw around with your freedom."
    --Roy Tucker, on why you need to lawyer up when you find yourself swimming with sharks.

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513
    Reds wasted the bullpen tonight instead of letting Standridge pitch at least 3 innings.
    Since he is one of DanO's favorites, we don't want to inflate his ERA now do we? The guy who could go more than one inning seems to have trouble doing that sometimes.Keepint that ERA at 2.70 proves Dan is right. Of course, he's given up 5 hits in his three plus innings and the opposition is batting .357 against him. I shudder to think what his ERA would be if they let him pitch more than an inning...
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85
    The Ace came back off the DL and got the win in relief for the Rocks. He pitched a scoreless 8th. Where is Senator Simpson anyway. Another notch on the belt of DanO
    He's been suspended for 5 games.

http://news.cincypost.com/apps/pbcs....507190314/1035

BUMPED OUT - Louisville reliever Allan Simpson has been suspended for a minimum of five games for inappropriate conduct toward an umpire.

The right-hander, acquired from Colorado in April for Jose Acevedo, began serving the suspension Sunday. The term could last longer than five games, with the exact punishment still to be determined.

The incident occurred on the final play of the Bats' 9-8 loss at Charlotte on Saturday. With the bases loaded and the game tied at 8-8, Simpson threw a wild pitch that catcher Dane Sardinha tracked down and threw back to Simpson covering the plate. Charlotte's Roosevelt Brown slid in and was ruled safe by home plate umpire Brian Hale, providing the winning run.

Simpson confronted Hale to argue the call and made contact.

"I showed him that I tagged him," Simpson told the Louisville Courier-Journal. "And he backed up like I shoved the crap out of him. It was a bad call. I guess he had somewhere else better to be."
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?