Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone play MVP 2005

NastyBoys1990

Anyone play MVP 2005

if so please reply here, and post what team (no one else but the Reds, IMO) and what your Lineup/Rotation lookslike

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Anyone play MVP 2005

I played with the reds but i got sick of it. I play with the tribe now

I played with the Reds for a season but then switched to a fantasy draft. I do have Kearns and Pena on my team though.

Cruisin' for trouble

Same deal. Played a season with the Reds and then went to a fantasy draft.

Started out with Dunn, Freel and Pena. Traded Dunn for Harden and a couple prospects. After several more trades, my team looks like this...

Pierre CF
    Roberts 2B
    Berkman 1B
    Pena RF
    Myself LF
    Encarnacion 3B
    Adams SS
    Fuentes/Paul C

Bench: Tim Raines Jr., Carlos Pena, Paul/Fuentes, Freel

Rotation:
    Rich Harden
    Edwin Jackson
    Travis Blackley
    Brett Myers
    Ryan Madson

Pen:
    Eric Bedard
    Jesse Crain
    Juan Cruz
    Javier Lopez
    Mike MacDougal
    Brandon League
    Latroy Hawkins

Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar

I actually played with the D-backs and am in the LCS vs. the Mets

Terrarro CF
    Clayton SS
    Gonzalez LF
    Glaus 3b
    Kearns RF (for Green)
    Tracy 1B
    Roberts 2b (for Cintron)
    Hammock C

Church
    Kata
    Hairston
    Snyder
    V. Diaz

Rotation
    Vazquez
    Russ Ortiz
    Fossum
    Ledezma
    Webb

Pen
    Cordero (in AAA with Nats)
    Gosling
    Gonzalez E.
    Halsey
    Koplove
    Aquino
    Valverde

i've been playing in Dynasty mode...i simmed through the 2005 season, then dumped many at the end of the year. my lineup is now:

ss - FeLo
    2b - Freel
    3b - Brian Allen (i...uh..admit i always create a player named Brian Allen for all of my teams, have done this since the beginning of time, and will always do this. Allen is a very good player).
    cf - Junior
    lf - Dunn
    rf - Pena
    1b - Casey
    c - Fuentis (I am not sure who Fuentis is, but it appears he is a catcher in the Reds's system. the guy who Fuentis is based on might not be very good...but the game seems to think this guy is a freaking stud).

backups:
    infield - a couple of kids who only exist in the virtual world.
    outfield - Kearns, who is getting a lot of playing time to rest Griffey, and keep Dunn away from lefties. he has also been played at first a lot.
    catcher - LaRue.

pitching:
    Some guy named after me. Hey, what can i say. doing pretty good for a 37-year-old rookie (10-3, 2.45 ERA).
    Harang.
    Claussen.
    Dontrell Willis. yeah...Marlins actually offered him to me, for some remarkably mysterious reason. They wanted - get this - Milton and Aurilia. i deferred the trade and threw in Weathers.
    Ben Sheets. Free agent.

bullpen:
    Ryan Wagner, closer.
    Luke Hudson, Josh Hancock and Homer Bailey are also in the pen. Hancock is about to take his 6.04 ERA to AAA, while Bailey is about to take his 2.06 ERA to the starting rotation in place of Claussen. the rest of the spots are taken up by rookies.

present record, as of July 6: 50-31, five games over the Cardnals.
    a couple of weeks back (game time), i played a 17 inning marathon vs. the ChiSox, which i lost, 1-0 on a freaking walk-off homer...i groved a pitch to some yahoo whos name escapes me. believe it was his second major league homer.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

I use the Reds of course. I'd have to start the game up to actually see all of my bench and bullpen guys, since I've really overhauled the pitching staff. My lineup looks like this.

SS Felipe
    1B Casey
    CF Griffey
    2B Jim Coombs
    LF Dunn
    RF Pena
    3B Kearns
    C Larue/Fuentes (I'm not sure if that Fuentes guy is real or not, but he's pretty good and will be starting in another season.)

rotation
    Me
    Harang
    Claussen
    Moss (think I got him in a trade, but I can't remember)
    Homer Bailey (He's Raul Perez in the game, so you have to edit his name.)

The bullpen is somewhat wacky at the moment.

Kaz Tadano
    Samuels
    Wagner
    Belisle
    (a couple others I can't remember off hand)

On the bench I have Freel, Fuentes, Hideki Inoue (speedster who playes 2B, future leadoff guy when Griff retires and Coombs goes to the outfield) and a couple other guys who escape me at the moment. I have Kearns starting at 3B, but will plug him into the OF to give one of them a break and put one of the bench guys at 3B. I had Randa, but traded him when the Reds did, just to keep some semblance of accuracy about the whole thing.

I won 94 games the first season and swept the Yanks in the Series (sweet) and I'm on a second season now, but still early. I've won 6 and lost 2 and I have a 1 game lead on the Cards at the moment.

ok, just took a quick look through the Reds' rosters and such...is it possible this Fuentes fellow is supposed to be Miguel Perez.
    kind of reminds me of how a couple of roster makers for High Heat turned Braves catching prospect John McCann into a stud.

I play with the Reds I will post my rosters later.

Quote Originally Posted by MrCinatit
    ok, just took a quick look through the Reds' rosters and such...is it possible this Fuentes fellow is supposed to be Miguel Perez.
    kind of reminds me of how a couple of roster makers for High Heat turned Braves catching prospect John McCann into a stud.
    It might be. I think he was in Sarasota when I started my first season, but he progressed rather quickly through my minor league system. Wily Mo has turned into an absolute monster for me in the second season. Believe it or not, I actually pitched rather well with Milton as well, but I still unloaded him just to get rid of the salary. Anyway, take a look at this Inoue guy. He's a second baseman in the Mets farm system and he's listed as one of the top 100 prospects or something like that. You can get him for pretty cheap and he'll be a superstar after a couple seasons in the minors. He's fast as lightning and has decent power as well. I don't know if he's a real player or not, since I don't follow minor league systems outside of the Reds.

Cruisin' for trouble

Milton and Casey were huge for my first season with the Reds. Casey had 40+ HRs and Milton won the Cy.

This is the second year of the "new" dynasty with the fantasy draft. Wily Mo had 46 HRs and 138 RBIs. The guy would kill any fastball on the inside portion of the plate.

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds
    Milton and Casey were huge for my first season with the Reds. Casey had 40+ HRs and Milton won the Cy.

This is the second year of the "new" dynasty with the fantasy draft. Wily Mo had 46 HRs and 138 RBIs. The guy would kill any fastball on the inside portion of the plate.
    That's been my experience with Casey as well. He just crushes the ball on that game. Perhaps that has something to do with them modeling him after the season he had last year and not this year. Milton is a good pitcher on there as well if you know how to use him, but he just makes too much money.

I never have hit over 20 HR with Casey. I am in the 2/3 through a season with Dunn and he already has like 45 and 100 RBI.

NastyBoys1990

Ryan Freel- 2B
    Felipe Lopez- SS
    Ken Griffey Jr.- CF
    Adam Dunn- 1B
    Wily Mo Pena- LF
    Austin Kearns- RF
    Edwin Encarnacion- 3B
    Jason LaRue- C

Bench
    Larkin-SS/2B
    Jimenez- 2B/SS
    Cruz- RF/1B
    Javier Valentine- C/1B
    Sean Casey- 1B (gonna trade him)

Rotation
    Aaron Harang
    David Bush (currently DL'd, brought up Steve Kelly)
    Luke Hudson
    Brandon Claussen
    Paul Wilson (gonna trade him for a minor leaguer)

Bullpen
    Ryan Wagner
    Kent Mercker
    David Weathers (gonna trade him)
    Todd Coffey (he is lights out, i created him)
    Ramon Ortiz (gonna trade him)
    Matt Belisle

I got Daivd Bush in a trade with the Blue Jays. I traded Eric Milton, Rich Aurilla, and Damain Moss for Bush and Steve Brassard (he'll be in CF once Griffey starts sucking)

My team

Freel LF
    Lopez SS
    Griffey CF
    Dunn 1B
    Kearns (vs. righties) WMP (vs lefties) RF
    Orlando Hudson 2b
    Brian Schnider C
    EE 3B

Pitching staff
    Harang
    Jerome Williams
    Milton
    Claussen
    Runelveys Hernandez

Pen
    LRP Lizard
    MRP Standridge
    MRP Wagner
    Set up Belisle
    Set up Todd Jones
    Closer Mercker

Bench
    Valentin C
    Bergolla IF
    Bill Hall IF
    Eric Karros 1B
    Brady Clark OF
    Pena (vs. righties) Kearns (vs. lefties)

I think thats my whole team

Turn Off Ads?