Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone play MVP 2005

Re: Anyone play MVP 2005

I created some of the prospects, made some trades so now I've got my game pretty accurate. I simmed up through July with the real Reds roster and when it stopped they were in first place. I couldn't believe it. I figured I'd be saving them by playing August and September.

Anyways, the only thing I don't like with the game is how a lot of times, it seems like you either get out or hit a homerun. I thought I read something about how you could adjust some things to make the gameplay more accurate? If anybody knows what I'm talking about and could point me in the right direction/explain it better, I would appreciate it. Thanks!

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'm in my fifth year and I've got the ultimate dynasty of the Cincinnati Reds.
    (started w/ fantasy draft)
    1b- Mark Teixeira
    2b- Alfonso Soriano (although he is about to be pushed out by a 22 y/o kid tearing it up in AAA)
    SS- Myself (LOL, I create myself and put myself into every sports game I play)
    3b- David Wright
    LF- Joey Gathwright (Was in AAA first four years... speed of "100," solid contact hitter with good pop as well
    CF- Carl Crawford ALL-WORLD
    RF- Adam Dunn- interestingly, he has blossomed into an EXCELLENT defensive outfielder and a devastating slugger
    DH- YEAH YEAH I know, it's my game, alright??? Wily Mo Pena.

BENCH:
    Ryan Freel
    Austin Kearns
    Reyes (SS from NYM)
    Another Prospect

Pitching:
    1) Dontrelle Willis
    2) Zack Greinke
    3) Josh Beckett
    4) Rich Harden
    5) C.C. Sabathia

Pen
    A bunch of new guys/prospects

CLOSER: Frankie Rodriguez

What a dream.

I have it for PS2 and I can't hardly hit a homerun with it.What exactly are you guys doing with your controls to hit 46 homeruns or more??
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

Swing UPWARDS. Treat it just like you were actually in the batters box. When the pitchers are inside, pull them; when they're outside, go the other way. (You control your swing with your left-thumbstick... say you batting with wily mo pena, a righty, on a pitch that's inside, press the left to the northwest part of the circle and he'll yak it out,,, if the pitch is outside, press towards northeast)

Do that and the homeruns will take care of themselves as long as you're properly identifying pitches and making good contact.

I am currently playing in the year 2009. I have won the World Series each year I have played. I beat the Tigers in 2005, the Yankees in 2006, the Red Sox in 2007, and the Twins in 2008.

I use the DH and I use unlockable players. I sim almost all the games until the playoffs start.

Of course, Johnny Bench has been my catcher from the start. In all the games I have played, only Jackie Robinson and Lou Brock have even attempted to steal on him. He is good for about a .320 ba with about 20 or so HR and about 80 RBI.

I use Joe Morgan at second. He won the MVP in 2005 and 2006. He has won four Silver Sluggers and three Gold Gloves (getting beat once by JRob).

I use Tom Seaver as my staff ace. He has won two Cy Youngs and was the MVP in three World Series (the other time it was Sean Casey). In 2006, Seaver went 25-2 with most of the games being simmed and not played.

Wily Mo Pena and Adam Dunn really take off starting at about 2007 or so. Dunn is a 40/40/120 player and WMP led the league in hits in 2007. Casey always hits 30+ HR and drives in 120+ runs.

Ryan Freel never hits under .320 batting leadoff and steals about 40 bases a year. He has great outfield speed, but a weak throwing arm.

Griffey was very consistent, producing 30+ HR 100+ RBI and about a .270 BA. He really started to fade in 2008, and I traded him and Luke Hudson to the Cardinals for Kerry Robinson and Ian Snell (a hard-throwing RH reliever). At the beginning of 2009, Griffey is in AAA, with his skills mostly gone.

I signed Juan Marichal as a free agent prior to the 2008 season and he won a Cy Young. I also signed Roy Oswalt prior to 2009 and he is a stud.

Currently, my rotation is Seaver, Marichal, Oswalt, Harang, and Elizardo Ramirez. I pitched a no-hitter in the 2007 playoffs with Harang versus the Phillies.

Danny Graves has been a very good closer, although I replaced him with Ryan Wagner in 2008 and put Graves in the set-up role. Graveys sinker is almost unhittable when thrown after a fastball.

At the beginning of 2005, there is a left-handed reliever in AA named Rodrigo Chacon. Keep an eye on him. He will become a stud.

The Blue Jays have a centerfielder named Steve Brassard. Try to trade for him before 2008, when he will become the best player in the game.

Joe Mauer of the Twins will become the best catcher in the game in about 2007.

It is virtually impossible to hit Satchel Paige. He throws a 102-MPH fastball and then come back with a 55-MPH knuckleball. Phil Niekro is also virtually impossible to hit, but easy to steal on. The same goes for Hoyt Wilhelm. Bob Gibson is surprisingly easy to hit, because he throws his fastball a lot.

It is virtually impossible to get a bunt single on Mike Schmidt or George Kell or Scott Rolen or ARod.

The gameplay is the exact same as last year. Boy, I'm glad EA doesn't get anymore chances to disappiont baseball fans. The only games EA spends any time on are Madden, NCAA FB, and NASCAR.

Leading league in hotness

I'm in my second year, and I stayed with the reds
    signed some free agents

2b - Chone Figgins
    ss - freel
    1b - casey
    lf - dunn
    cf - griff
    rf - endy chavez (free agent?)
    3b - joe randa
    c- rickey fuentes

Quote Originally Posted by MrCinatit
    c - Fuentis (I am not sure who Fuentis is, but it appears he is a catcher in the Reds's system. the guy who Fuentis is based on might not be very good...but the game seems to think this guy is a freaking stud).
    same scenerio

Freel at shortstop?????

That must be interesting.

Turn Off Ads?