Turn Off Ads?
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 232930313233

Thread: 8/10/2005 Reds Trying To Sweep The Cubbies.

Off the schneid

Re: 8/10/2005 Reds Trying To Sweep The Cubbies.

19-10 since the all star break

5 consecutive quality starts for the 1st time this season

Who is this team and what have you done with my Reds????

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by gm
    Wood for Kearns, would you do it?
    Every day of my life. And I'll personally supply the Old Style.

Kearns is World Com stock--and we're insider trading.
    Last edited by Falls City Beer; 08-10-2005 at 05:56 PM.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

got alil captain in u?

sounds like milton pitched a whale of a game cub pitching was terrible this whole series guess we caught um at a good time

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    Every day of my life. And I'll personally supply the Old Style.

Kearns is World Com stock--and we're insider trading.
    ]

wait a second. I don't understand. You were one the people most staunchly against sending Kearns down. he's playing better since he returned. What's changed?
    School's out. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by pedro
    ]

wait a second. I don't understand. You were one the people most staunchly against sending Kearns down. he's playing better since he returned. What's changed?
    I was against sending him down, but not necessarily because I thought he was going to go on a tear; rather, I thought it did nothing to solve the outfield problem at best and at worst would hurt Kearns' trade value.

I guess the point's moot now, as he ain't going anywhere. But even with this *good* streak Kearns is on, his OPS is still a putrid .735. I think the guy has no future with the Reds, but I could easily see him gettin out from under the yoke that is the Reds and performing wonderfully somewhere else (better coaching, clearer communication, open outfield spot).
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    I was against sending him down, but not necessarily because I thought he was going to go on a tear; rather, I thought it did nothing to solve the outfield problem at best and at worst would hurt Kearns' trade value.

I guess the point's moot now, as he ain't going anywhere. But even with this *good* streak Kearns is on, his OPS is still a putrid .735. I think the guy has no future with the Reds, but I could easily see him gettin out from under the yoke that is the Reds and performing wonderfully somewhere else (better coaching, clearer communication, open outfield spot).
    I don't know. He's playing well now and it appears that he's going to get most the time in RF. IMO right now it looks like WMP is the guy with no future as a Red.

I don't know. He's playing well now and it appears that he's going to get most the time in RF. IMO right now it looks like WMP is the guy with no future as a Red.
    In roughly the same number of ABs Pena's still got .080 OPS points on Kearns. And Pena's not setting the world on fire. While Pena is nose-diving toward obscurity/supersub status, Kearns appears to be plateauing at sub-mediocrity.

Not pretty all around. And both these guys could have been turned into pitching arms. Now they'd be lucky to net a bum-armed project. Shame.

I was all for trading WMP this off season.

I still thik AK will be pretty good, but he sure doesn't look like the star we all thought he was going to be.

I was all for trading WMP this off season.

I still thik AK will be pretty good, but he sure doesn't look like the star we all thought he was going to be.
    Not to be mr negative but how many Lee's will we pass up on of's potential? What is easier to produce? What do the reds have a history of not producing ?

Dunn has a theory about why the Cubs suck.

Dunn loves Wrigley

Adam Dunn loves hitting at Wrigley Field and his numbers reflect that, but even he was surprised at the magnitude. Since Dunn made the majors in 2001, no visiting player has wrecked the joint the way Dunn has.

He leads all Wrigley opponents in homers (13), RBIs (33), batting average (.328), hits (41), runs (27) and slugging percentage (.733).

"Really? I did not know that," Dunn said. "I love it here, love to hit here. I don't know what it is, maybe the atmosphere with the fans. Every game is like Game 7 of the World Series. And with that pitching staff the Cubs have, it surprises me I've done so well. Weird. But I'll take it."

Dunn has a theory about why they are The Collapsible Cubs.

"Every year they fold at the end, every year," he said. "Why? I believe they get tired. It's all those day games they have to play. It's like spring training. Players like to sleep in, but they can't do it here. That takes its toll."
    And this was pretty funny

Who is Billy Williams?

On their first day at Wrigley Field Monday, veteran Kent Mercker and rookie Jason Standridge were standing in right field when Standridge noticed a flag flapping on a pole in the right field corner that read, "Williams, 26."

Said Standridge, "I didn't know they put up flags for the day's starting pitchers," referring to Chicago's Monday starter, Jerome Williams. Standridge was unaware the flag was for Hall of Fame Cubs outfielder Billy Williams.

"Yeah, they do," Mercker said with a deadpan. Pointing to two other flags, Mercker said, "And Ernie Banks is pitching Tuesday and Ron Santo on Wednesday."
    http://www.daytondailynews.com/sport...redsnotes.html

Turn Off Ads?