Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Game thread 8/12

Re: Game thread 8/12

Hudson is to pitching as a shotgun is to shooting

2. Turn Off Ads?

I smell danger.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

EE redeems himself on that play by reaching into the Brewers dugout

1 out
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD
    I smell danger.
    I got a whiff of that before the inning started. Hudson in nothing but smoke and mirrors

IMO RA is a hard player to like, he is streaky and his value is all tied up in his BA, he usually has his hits in bunches and has only had one game with more than 1 EBH. His speed is Caseyrific and his fielding is about as flashy as banana seat on a Huffy.

After all the smoke blown all spring about his leadership abilities, all I smell is the pee that put put that campfire.

He can't become an ex Red soon enough in my world.

They best be geting this BP going. Hudson startting to struggle.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

HUGE K there on Jenkins!

Nice pitch!

2 outs

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    Weeks homers again.
    Did they throw him a fastball?
    (I missed it)
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

GO to Lopez. Out of trouble. Inning over. Nice job Huds!

I wouldn't let Hudson pitch the sixth.

He gets credit for getting out of that jam though. Jenkins bailed him out big time.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    IMO RA is a hard player to like, he is streaky and his value is all tied up in his BA, he usually has his hits in bunches and has only had one game with more than 1 EBH. His speed is Caseyrific and his fielding is about as flashy as banana seat on a Huffy.

After all the smoke blown all spring about his leadership abilities, all I smell is the pee that put put that campfire.

He can't become an ex Red soon enough in my world.
    I bet his banana seat smells like pee.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Time is the Revelator.

Good job, Cool Luke. Keep it cool, keep it cool.

Quote Originally Posted by NC Reds
    I wouldn't let Hudson pitch the sixth.

He gets credit for getting out of that jam though. Jenkins bailed him out big time.
    I agree. It's best to be thankful Hudson escaped that inning. Don't push your luck and stay with him. He's on the edge of disaster.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

I would love to use Rich as a test subject for some wrestling moves, the back-suplex, the piledriver, the clothsline, the powerslam and finally a jackknife power bomb from Dunn.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    IMO RA is a hard player to like, he is streaky and his value is all tied up in his BA,
    Rich slugs pretty well for a MI. He needs to bat 6th or 7th, not 2nd.

It's nice to get a little power from a middle infielder in the bottom of the order.

Turn Off Ads?