Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: 8/15 vs Giants

Re: 8/15 vs Giants

Tonight's attendance: 17,777

2. Turn Off Ads?

I really like Flippy, but he is BAD right now. 3 K's and a walk tonight. Slump? Maybe after being in the league full time for long enough there's some kind of book on how to pitch him? Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS
    Tonight's attendance: 17,777
    A lot of them came as seats
    Go Gators!

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Felipe Alou delaying the inevitable

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw
    Felipe Alou delaying the inevitable
    certasin managers just love to overmanage

Casey K's. This one most certainly doesn't belong to the Reds. We'll get em tommorow.

I think I would try EE in the leadoff spot tomorrow

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

That was a "i'm tired, I want to home call'' by the ump.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    I've only caught about 15 games on TV or live in person this season but from what I've seen, the strikezone on Dunn is from his knees to his shoulders.

I watched the Cubs-Cards game last night and noticed something. The only way you can get a strike on Pujols is if it's right down the middle or he swings at it. They give him the Bonds strikezone. Albert Pujols and Anderson Machado should have the same strikezone. A 20 year vet and rookie should have the same strikezone. This special treatment for great hitters is crap!
    Greg Maddux has made his late career over his wide strike zone.

Things are better - there is no more Eric Gregg in the NLCS giving livan Hernandez a seven foot wide plate, but discrepency still exists in abundance

The last two games have proven one thing...well several.

Ryan Freel and Felipe Lopez are in horrible slumps. FeLo's BA is down to .273 and falling. Freel has an injury and he's not hitting well either. Both were over .300 at the AS break with OBP's near .400. Now, they are almost automatic outs. We can't afford that and win.

For those who advocate trading Griffey (to shore up money so the Reds can sign the next Eric Milton) or Dunn, look what our offense would have been without them tonight. They were the offense, as good players always are. I still contend that a Reds offense without Junior and Dunn (or either one of them) is pretty damn sorry. Together they have 164 RBI's. Next closest is Lopez with 56 (see slump above. Then comes Randa with 48 (he's not here anymore) and Casey with 47. After Rich Aurilia with 45, it drops off fast.

Randy "Special" K is stinking up the joint. Leave him on the bench, Jerry. The opposition doesn't need batting practice at our expense. And when you realize he doesn't have it if you must bring him in, quit having that pained look on your face and do the right thing...yank him out of there. I still think you need to just let him rot in the bullpen. And don't wait for Hancock to come back. He has just as many problems.

If Lopez starts hitting and Freel can stay healthy (which I think at this point is simply a pipe dream) and we somehow decide that no matter how much money we save from getting rid of the Kid or Dunn won't give us Roger Clemons, but Sidney Ponson, this club can get to .500. Oh yeah..and our two best starters--Claussen and Harang--get the support they need. It's hard to fathom that those two guys are the only two who have lost in the last seven games. In order to win, this team must score runs and any lineup minus Griffey and Dunn will not.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan
    The last two games have proven one thing...well several.

Ryan Freel and Felipe Lopez are in horrible slumps. FeLo's BA is down to .273 and falling. Freel has an injury and he's not hitting well either. Both were over .300 at the AS break with OBP's near .400. Now, they are almost automatic outs. We can't afford that and win.

For those who advocate trading Griffey (to shore up money so the Reds can sign the next Eric Milton) or Dunn, look what our offense would have been without them tonight. They were the offense, as good players always are. I still contend that a Reds offense without Junior and Dunn (or either one of them) is pretty damn sorry. Together they have 164 RBI's. Next closest is Lopez with 56 (see slump above. Then comes Randa with 48 (he's not here anymore) and Casey with 47. After Rich Aurilia with 45, it drops off fast.

Randy "Special" K is stinking up the joint. Leave him on the bench, Jerry. The opposition doesn't need batting practice at our expense. And when you realize he doesn't have it if you must bring him in, quit having that pained look on your face and do the right thing...yank him out of there. I still think you need to just let him rot in the bullpen. And don't wait for Hancock to come back. He has just as many problems.

If Lopez starts hitting and Freel can stay healthy (which I think at this point is simply a pipe dream) and we somehow decide that no matter how much money we save from getting rid of the Kid or Dunn won't give us Roger Clemons, but Sidney Ponson, this club can get to .500. Oh yeah..and our two best starters--Claussen and Harang--get the support they need. It's hard to fathom that those two guys are the only two who have lost in the last seven games. In order to win, this team must score runs and any lineup minus Griffey and Dunn will not.
    Then Griffey get injured next year. Don't be shortsighted. Griffey also will be 36 years old and the White Sox are dangling a great prospect like Young in front of your place, a good defensive CENTERFIELDER by the way, you better be talking and Lindner better be dealing. It opens so many possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Aronchis
    Then Griffey get injured next year. Don't be shortsighted. Griffey also will be 36 years old and the White Sox are dangling a great prospect like Young in front of your place, a good defensive CENTERFIELDER by the way, you better be talking and Lindner better be dealing. It opens so many possibilities.
    Will he have 80+ RBI's and 26 homers by August? Are you sure Junior will get hurt. Or are you so sure Young will not get hurt? Are you prepared to pay all those millions to watch Griffey get to 600 homeruns, because that's what any deal will contain?

I'm certainly glad the Yankees and Red Sox didn't have that attitude as Mantle and Williams came to the end of their careers.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Turn Off Ads?