Turn Off Ads?
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122

Thread: 8/25 Game Thread

Re: 8/25 Game Thread

Until this season ther was just no NL teams close by
    I totally agree that it's great having real (NL League) baseball in DC. I just wish the Reds made more than one trip here a year.

And while I've never met Marty, I've met Joe a number of times over the years (We are both alumni of the same high school, even though he is much, much older than I am--Go Big Blue), and he is a fantastic human being.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie
    Afternoon game in RFK has 40,762 in paid attendance? Was today a Bobble-somethinoranother Event?
    No special promotion. The Nats have been drawing like that all season. Also went over two million in attendance.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu
    Mercker (nor any other pitcher) can't "back into" a save. If the pitcher doesn't enter the game in a save situation, then he can't get a save.

Now he can create a save situation for Weathers...which he has just done.
    Which is exactly what I meant, but failed to articulate properly. One thousand pardons to the "eligibility for save situation" police....

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds
    No special promotion. The Nats have been drawing like that all season. Also went over two million in attendance.
    New team effect or not, it is still impressive to do those numbers anywhere for a weekday afternoon affair...against the Reds.

Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie
    Which is exactly what I meant, but failed to articulate properly. One thousand pardons to the "eligibility for save situation" police....
    Sorry, I just misunderstood your previous post. It's no big deal, though.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Turn Off Ads?