Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Game Thread - September 9 vs. the Pirates

Re: Game Thread - September 9 vs. the Pirates

And FWIW, I would take the slowest runner in the world over no baserunners. I was simply making a joke, I wouldn't have said anything had I known we were going to call in the F.B.I to investigate it.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    And FWIW, I would take the slowest runner in the world over no baserunners. I was simply making a joke, I wouldn't have said anything had I known we were going to call in the F.B.I to investigate it.
    You might want to consider learning to "TAKE" a joke if you are going to dish it out.

Dude, it's a two-way street.

FWIW.

Where's the poop smilie?
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Well, it's poop and it makes me smile, so....

“And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Everyone hug and make up.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    Where's the poop smilie?
    Take your pick.

:milton: :aurilia: :ortiz: :obrien:
    "...You just have a wider lens than one game."
    --Former Reds GM Wayne Krivsky, on why he didn't fly Josh Hamilton to Colorado for one game.

"...its money well-spent. Don't screw around with your freedom."
    --Roy Tucker, on why you need to lawyer up when you find yourself swimming with sharks.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Everyone hug and make up.
    Yeah, everyone relax. It's not any of our faults the Reds suck. Sniping at each other isn't gonna make anything better. I thought playing the Pirate's might, (make things better) but so far, not so much.

I went to the game tonight. I was all excited about going to the game. I had free tickets in the Scout Section. Cushioned seats. Waiters/Waitresses. And my favorite team right in front of me at home. Playing the lowly Pirates, no less.

Then reality set in .... quickly.

-The lineup was shown. Aurillia batting cleanup. Aurillia! Oh, he with the monster OPS. :rolleyes

-Our pitching is even more embarassing in person at the end of the season. Watching Hudson was painful. I actually blurted out loud, "Your in the Major Leagues, PITCH like it for Christ sakes!" At one point I was looking for that little kid who was throwing in the Speed Pitch by the Reds HOF before the game.

- How many times did our pitchers hit the batter? 4? You got the feeling though that if they tried to hit the batter, they wouldn't come close.

-The air was extremely muggy at the game. I thought Pena had a homer that stayed just enough in to be caught. Dunn's homer at first looked like it was going to go a lot deeper.

-Denoforia homer was kewl. Gotta love when a player's first hit is a homer in his 2nd Major League AB. He's got some bat speed.

-Casey made a nice play at 1st.

-The Reds players just looked 'flat' out there.

-John Allen was sitting about 10 seats away. He was weaslily glad-handing a couple of guys, like he was brown-nosing for something. That guys demeanor just rubs me wrong.

- Tom Browning was in the 4192 Club signing autographs for a while before the game. We got there just in time ... for the line to close. Still got to see him and get a picture, just couldn't get his autograph.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I have to say this, Like always I listened to the game tonight and was very pleased to hear the play by play for a change.

Could it be that Marty reads RedsZone?

Tonights game was pretty ugly but for the first time in a long while listeners were kept up to date with the play on the field. ( I like that)

I missed the game last night--looks like I didn't miss much, other than Denorfia's first hit (and HR).

I was in Athens last night for the OU-Pitt game! What a game! Deon Byrum returned two INTs for TDs--a 38-yarder to tie the game in the first quarter, and an 85-yarder in OT to give the Bobcats a 16-10 victory for their first win under Frank Solich, a win in their first-ever nationally televised game, and possibly the biggest win in school history! (Byrum also had a 62-yard fumble return for a TD in last week's game at Northwestern.)

Anyway, back to the update:

Updated Reds HR list (players in italics are active):

Reds All-Time Home Run Leaders
    1. Johnny Bench - 389
    2. Frank Robinson - 324
    3. Tony Perez - 287
    4. Ted Kluszewski - 251
    5. George Foster - 244
    6. Eric Davis - 203
    7. Barry Larkin - 198
    8. Vada Pinson - 186
    9. Wally Post - 172
    10. Gus Bell - 160
    11. Adam Dunn - 155
    12. Joe Morgan - 152
    12. Pete Rose - 152
    14. Lee May - 147
    15. Ken Griffey, Jr. - 138
    16. Dan Driessen - 133
    17. Reggie Sanders - 125
    18. Ernie Lombardi - 120
    19. Sean Casey - 118
    20. Frank McCormick - 110
    21. Dave Parker - 107
    22. Chris Sabo - 104
    23. Dave Concepcion - 101
    24. Gordy Coleman - 98
    25. Paul O'Neill - 96
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Turn Off Ads?