Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: Game Thread / Going to Wrigley tonight

Re: Game Thread / Going to Wrigley tonight

Although we've been somewhat successful since Junior hasn't played, it's obvious that teams have a better chance against us when he's on the bench.

In the last five games, with Freel playing a variety of positions and always in the leadoff position, we've won 3 of 5, but the lineup has become anemic.

Freel is 2-18 with 4 walks and 7 strikeouts.
    Lopez is 4-19 with 4 walks and 8 strikeouts.
    Dunn is 3-18 with 4 walks and only 3 strikeouts (stand out to anyone?)
    Casey is 3-15 with 1 walk and one strikeout.
    Pena is 4-12 with 0 walks and 4 strikeouts.

Freel is in a terrible slump, Lopez has been in one the better part of three weeks, Dunn is in a slump, Casey is slumping, but Pena seems to be hitting better, but loses playing time to just about anyone including rookies brought up and Ryan Freel.

I don't understand. I'm sorry. If you're going to play WMP, trade him to the American League, but don't let the kid sit on the bench at the expense of others who are borderline or infielders. The same could be said for Kearns.

Sorry for the rant.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

2. Turn Off Ads?

Dunn is 3-18 with 4 walks and onley 3 strikeouts.

Beware of what you wish for.

The beat writers, talk show host and callers to sports radio have long wished for Adam to be the kind of hitter Casey is and make more contact.

Things aren't always as they seem. To heck with beat writers, talk show host and silly callers!!! I want Adam Dunn to be Adam Dunn.

Hey Lincolnpark - how did the sign go over?
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heath
    Hey Lincolnpark - how did the sign go over?
    I hate to admit it but I failed in my task of getting my sign ready in time. Stupid work got in the way and by the time I got home I had just enough time to get changed and go to batting practice. It may have worked out for the best though. I took a lot of crap from a bunch of Joliet cops and some other random drunks behind me just wearing a reds polo and hat.

Heads up for tonight, Keisler can hit the ball right down the line in right and put it into the stands without seemingly even trying. Maybe it was the wind but if he pulls the ball he has a chance to help his cause.

Also while one of the other relievers was warming up they had Weathers guarding the line and the bullpen while the game was going on. Well all the relievers sat down and Weathers is still just standing there by himself. So I am close enough to talk to him and said hey dave nobody's throwing anymore, you can probably sit down. He just laughed and looked over at Miguel Perez and Stefanski the bullpen catcher and then said those bleeps should have said something to me.

Quote Originally Posted by LincolnparkRed
    I hate to admit it but I failed in my task of getting my sign ready in time. Stupid work got in the way and by the time I got home I had just enough time to get changed and go to batting practice. It may have worked out for the best though. I took a lot of crap from a bunch of Joliet cops and some other random drunks behind me just wearing a reds polo and hat.

Heads up for tonight, Keisler can hit the ball right down the line in right and put it into the stands without seemingly even trying. Maybe it was the wind but if he pulls the ball he has a chance to help his cause.

Also while one of the other relievers was warming up they had Weathers guarding the line and the bullpen while the game was going on. Well all the relievers sat down and Weathers is still just standing there by himself. So I am close enough to talk to him and said hey dave nobody's throwing anymore, you can probably sit down. He just laughed and looked over at Miguel Perez and Stefanski the bullpen catcher and then said those bleeps should have said something to me.

Weathers "Standing Guard" at the Cubs Game

Turn Off Ads?