Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: 9/16 Reds vs. Pirates - Game 2

Re: 9/16 Reds vs. Pirates - Game 2

Looks like Weathers came back to earth a little lately, his numbers were a little to good.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper
    A little "overmanagement'' of the bullpen by Narron in that second game, wouldn't you say?
    No. The problem is that Narron really doesn't have anything resembling a good bullpen. You can make as few- or as many- moves as you like, but if you continually bring in mediocre-to-bad pitchers, something is eventually going to break down. That's what happened in the 2nd game tonight and the loss wasn't at all surprising to me.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Darn it!!! I was looking forward to coming back to this thread seeing "This one belongs to the Reds"... Well, since it's passed midnite - this just ruined Saturday for me...
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Oh, and I blame Matt, too...
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Not me right? ..him
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Not me right? ..him
    Wait, I didn't read all of the game thread...

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD
    No. The problem is that Narron really doesn't have anything resembling a good bullpen. You can make as few- or as many- moves as you like, but if you continually bring in mediocre-to-bad pitchers, something is eventually going to break down. That's what happened in the 2nd game tonight and the loss wasn't at all surprising to me.
    Let's hope games like these can have a positive effect on next year. That is, management can learn that it cannot go into next year with David Weathers penciled in as closer. That has never been his role in his long career and now's not the time to start. I'm OK with him closing for now because we're in mop up mode for 2005 and have been ever since he was moved to the closer's role. But if he goes into Spring Training "in the hunt" for closer then that's further evidence this organization has no plan.

Turn Off Ads?