Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Game Thread 9-23-05 Reds vs Phils

Dunn with an RBI double CRUSHED to RF. 6-4 Reds.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Dunn doubles in a run. 6-4 Phils. Runners on 2nd and 3rd with only one out.

Come back time
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by Aronchis
    Because the season is over AND they had been dropping since the Astro sweep. You hatred of DanO is making this seem rational, when it isn't.
    No, what makes it rational is we had 100+ posts and 1,500 or so page views on a regular basis and suddenly two days ago when the DanO announcement got made the numbers collapsed.

I've got cause and effect right here in black and white. You've got some haywire agenda which apparently has nothing with the demonstrable facts of the matter.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD
    Actually, we've seen a number of posters throw their hands up and quit paying attention to game threads since the Dan O'Brien coming back debacle...I mean "announcement".

Game thread involvement normall drops at the end of a bad season, sure. But the game threads fell off a cliff after the O'Brien announcement. Getting rid of the putz was one of the primary things we could look forward to late this season- and into the offseason. Hopefully a new ownership group can be found and punt his incompetent behind to the curb, but the though of his coming back certainly has an impact on the current interest level.

If those supposed fans thought he wasn't coming back after the pace of the sale, they were lost and I don't remember to many people after Augest thinking he was going to get canned. Most of the posts of the "Pre-DanO announcement" were by pbp, which IMO finally just stopped as the Reds played up and down. The number of posts other than that had already dropped. Trying to use a late September drop in posts during game threads is tied to DanO is nothing more than your hatred against DanO.

Bad baserunning by Dunn, good throw by Lofton, still RBI single for Aurilia.

6-5 Phils

One on, two out.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:

Aurilia singles in a run.. 6-5 Phils. Dunn is thrown out going to 3rd.

Aurilia bloops a single into CF, scoring one. Dunn nailed at 3B by Lofton. Dunn should have stayed at 2B (he started late because he figured the ball might be caught). Pitching change. 6-5 Phils.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Aaron Fultz coming in to pitch for the Phillies.

Lets make a comeback.

Valentin flies out to end the inning. 6-5 Phils after 5.

6-5, end of 5

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:

Keep banging, maybe it'll knock some sense into you.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

If those supposed fans thought he wasn't coming back after the pace of the sale, they were lost and I don't remember to many people after Augest thinking he was going to get canned. Most of the posts of the "Pre-DanO announcement" were by pbp, which IMO finally just stopped as the Reds played up and down. The number of posts other than that had already dropped. Trying to use a late September drop in posts during game threads is tied to DanO is nothing more than your hatred against DanO.
    Oh, "supposed fans".

Didn't know that one had to be an apologist for an awful General Manager to be a "real" fan.

Most folks have been hoping beyond hope that O'Brien be canned for some time now. Remove much of that hope and you're going to find folks who are just pure fed up and disinterested due to the expectation that we'll see the same futility in the future we've seen from O'Brien in the past. Remove hope and you remove interest. Cause and effect. Happens with "real" fans too, unless those "real" fans have their heads stuck as deeply in the sand as you.

--Ted Williams

Turn Off Ads?