Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: 9/29 Reds/Brewers Valentin 4th

Re: 9/29 Reds/Brewers Valentin 4th

Quote Originally Posted by Doc. Scott
    Milton retires Overbay on a grounder to second to start the Brewers' sixth. Carlos Lee, finding the concept of someone hitting a grounder off Eric novel, does the same. Two down. Geoff Jenkins flies out (drink) to left, restoring some sense of normalcy to all this.

Meanwhile, as usual, Milton pitches his best on the days the Reds can't score any runs. 2-0 Brewers after 6.
    Doc, I notice you take a drink after outs from both teams. Adult beverages? Reminds me how much I miss Coach Huggins.
    Does this symbolize a cathartic moment on your part? I myself am more of a (gulp) guy, or a (sigh) after a strikeout looking.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    Dunn has struckout three times vs Gary frickin' Glover.
    Kearns has struck out 9 times so far this series.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

How does Gary Glover shut out the Reds (thru 7 at least)? ???

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

Adam Dunn, finding Gary Glover rather challenging today, runs his third at-bat out to twelve pitches before K-ing a third time. However, Valentin draws a walk. Austin Kearns strikes out looking (ten Ks for Glover). Jacob Cruz goes 0-for-3 with a grounder to first.

Still 2-0 after 6.5. Time's running short.

The Reds are just mailing this one in. Gary Glover is looking like gold for the Brewers.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by Rotater Cuff
    Doc, I notice you take a drink after outs from both teams. Adult beverages? Reminds me how much I miss Coach Huggins.
    Does this symbolize a cathartic moment on your part? I myself am more of a (gulp) guy, or a (sigh) after a strikeout looking.
    Neither. I'm supposed to be working.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    Dunn has struckout three times vs Gary frickin' Glover.
    Yes, but the 3rd atbat by Dunn lasted 12 pitches, you have to give some credit to Dunn. It's never good when a player gets the silver sombrero on his 3rd atbat from a journeyman like Glover but give Dunn credit where it is deserved.
    Last edited by harangatang; 09-29-2005 at 04:06 PM.

Yes, but the 3rd atbat by Dunn lasted 12 pitches, you have to give some credit to Dunn. It's never good when a player gets the silver sombrero on his 3rd atbat from a journeyman like Glover but give Dunn credit where it is deserved.
    C'mon, they've had long enough to learn how to hit (and pitch). This team is in fourth stinking place (and it would be last place except they got lucky and are in a division that also has the freaking Pirates). Enough is enough. These guys need to learn to play hard all the time. Casey should be in there. Pena should be playing by Saturday. Jr. should be playing (the surgery should have waited). The starting pitching shouldn't tire by the 7th inning. The bullpen should be fresh, they only through an inning or two. Their new name should be the Cincinnati Injury Wimps. I'd fire 'em all and start over. Can you guess I've had enough of these guys.

My only question is, does Marvin Lewis know anything about baseball?

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds
    Gary Glover is looking like gold for the Brewers.
    Its gold Jerry. Gold!

"I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Hell Hall continues his senseless streak of Miltonian paternalism with another double to lead off the Milwaukee seventh. Weeks flies out (drink) to right. Catcher Damian Miller, batting for the first time, strikes out swinging. Wes Helms pinch-hits for Glover (seven innings, two hits, no runs, one walk, ten Ks, 102 pitches) but gets caught looking (Milton: seven strikeouts) to end the frame. Eric's done, being third up in the eighth and having thrown 113 pitches. Excellent outing for him, but right now he's looking at L number fifteen.

First and ten, do it again. 2-0 Milwaukee after 7.

Jose Capellan, stolen from the Braves for Danny "Career Year" Kolb, and his century-mark heat on for Milwaukee. The rookie walks the rookie, bringing up Ray Ray. Olmedo flies out to right. Annnnnd... cue Rich Aurilia as a pinch-hitter.

The first two pitches are out of the strike zone and most certainly not to Rich's liking. Alas, Aurilia goes hacking and flies out to right. But Ryan Freel slaps a single, bringing the tying run in the form of Felipe Lopez to the plate.

For a Level Playing Field

Gary Glover? A guy who was DFA'd in June and accepted the assignment to AAA. Called up only b/c Ben Sheets was DL'd. A guy who is making this strong REDS lineup look like chumps.

Also a guy who had 5 QS in 11 GS coming into today's game. I guess we can go ahead and make that 6 QS out of 12 GS. 50% quality start ratio... not bad for a guy who was DFA'd. Probably be #2 or #3 on the REDS current staff. Let's take a look at the REDS starters QS ratio:

QS Pct.
    Harang = 59.4%
    Claussen = 50.0% (G. Glover = 50.0%)
    Ortiz = 44.8%
    Wislon = 44.4%
    Milton = 36.4%
    Hudson = 31.3%
    Ramirez = 25.0%
    Belisle = 20.0%
    Keisler = 0.0%

Looks like the guys are ready to get this season over. Three hit shutout by the likes of Gary Glover and Julio Santana.

Turn Off Ads?