Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: 9/29 Reds/Brewers Valentin 4th

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

Re: 9/29 Reds/Brewers Valentin 4th

This cues Ned Yost to hook Capellan and bring on righty Julio Santana and his impressive strikeout total but mediocre ERA (4.57). Lopez works the count to 2-2, but then watches a third strike. End of inning, 2-0 Brewers going to bottom of 8.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Alan Simpson, the True Creepy.

Allan Simpson comes on to pitch the eighth and retires Brady Clark on a fly ball, but walks JJ Hardy. Kent Mercker comes on and whiffs Lyle Overbay and gets Carlos Lee on a fly to left.

To the top of 9, 2-0 Brewers.

Derrick Turnbow, former Rule 5 pick and banned-supplement user, on to close for Milwaukee. Has any franchise been better at combing the scrap heap for usable bullpenners?

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Oh my. I just lifted up a rock and what did I find underneath? All kinds of Adam Dunn bashers crawling out. Might we be hearing from some of them before the day is over?

Dunn follows up a great game last night(2 for 3, homerun, double, 2 walks) with a horrible one today(four strikeouts.)

Adam Dunn leads off and quickly gets in front 2-0. Strike looking, foul, ball three, foul, strike three looking. That would be four for AD today and 162 for the season. Somewhere, from a high place, BadFundamentals readies his leap into the wild blue yonder. The rest of us just drink, or think about drinking.

My rant wasn't meant as a bash on Dunn by himself. At least he shows up to play and is in the lineup everyday. Of course, if he put the ball into play today, that wouldn't be so bad either....

Javy Valentin runs the count all the way out, then flies out to right. It's up to Austin Kearns, 0-for-3 with a pair of Ks.

Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar

money says Kearns K's looking

Quote Originally Posted by Centralchamps05
    C'mon, they've had long enough to learn how to hit (and pitch). This team is in fourth stinking place (and it would be last place except they got lucky and are in a division that also has the freaking Pirates). Enough is enough. These guys need to learn to play hard all the time. Casey should be in there. Pena should be playing by Saturday. Jr. should be playing (the surgery should have waited). The starting pitching shouldn't tire by the 7th inning. The bullpen should be fresh, they only through an inning or two. Their new name should be the Cincinnati Injury Wimps. I'd fire 'em all and start over. Can you guess I've had enough of these guys.
    My point was there are two sides to every story and just because Dunn struck out three times (now 4) doesn't mean he didn't try.

You'd be the first person who would blame the Reds if Pena, Casey, or Griffey got hurt worse. What would your reaction be if they went out there and got hurt and missed all next season? You'd blame O'Brien and Narron and you would be on here saying they should get the boot for it. There is no reason to risk further injury when the games don't affect the Reds chance of the playoffs.

Ball one to Kearns. Ball two. A strike looking, then a pair of fouls.

...and a grounder to third ends it. A three-hit, two-walk shutout for the Brew Crew today.

I finally got the Reds internet radio to work. Now that the game is over. It wouldn't work last couple weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Centralchamps05
    C'mon, they've had long enough to learn how to hit (and pitch). This team is in fourth stinking place (and it would be last place except they got lucky and are in a division that also has the freaking Pirates). Enough is enough. These guys need to learn to play hard all the time. Casey should be in there. Pena should be playing by Saturday. Jr. should be playing (the surgery should have waited). The starting pitching shouldn't tire by the 7th inning. The bullpen should be fresh, they only through an inning or two. Their new name should be the Cincinnati Injury Wimps. I'd fire 'em all and start over. Can you guess I've had enough of these guys.

My only question is, does Marvin Lewis know anything about baseball?
    I usually reserve a rant like this for my dog. She'll at least listens to me enthusiastically while hoping she'll hear me say "walk" or "eat" or "get your bone".

If I direct to anyone else, they say "how 'bout dem Bengals?".

But I usually feel a little better post-rant.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

My point is this, these guys haven't been very tough all year. Maybe it is wiser to not play them the last few games, but it seems to be the same story every year.

I'm frustrated. We still haven't been told why Griffey's foot sprain wasn't healing. And while I know Casey had a concussion, how long does that take to come back from? How severe was it?

I want players who'll play all bandaged up. Maybe they don't exist, maybe they never did. But as a fan that is what I want to see on my favorite team.

Turn Off Ads?