Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Game #162-Cincinnati vs St. Louis, Final game at Busch Stadium

Re: Game #162-Cincinnati vs St. Louis, Final game at Busch Stadium

The Green Fields of the Mind - A. Bartlett Giamatti

"It breaks your heart. It is designed to break your heart. The game begins in the spring, when everything else begins again, and it blossoms in the summer, filling the afternoons and evenings, and then as soon as the chill rains come, it stops and leaves you to face the fall alone. You count on it, rely on it to buffer the passage of time, to keep the memory of sunshine and high skies alive, and then just when the days are all twilight, when you need it most, it stops."
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?

A depressing end to a depressing season.

But then again, maybe I'm just depressed and it has nothing to do with the Reds. Who knows.

I'll try to get into the post season as much as I can now, I guess. And wait. I'm not sure what I'll be waiting for, but I'll wait.

Maybe I'll take another look at the above list, think about what Dunn accomplished, and at take some solace in that.

'scuse me for being incoherent; I have a head full of codeine, but my mood seems to match the occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62
    there's a sad sort of clanging from the clock in the hall, and the bells in the steeple too. and up in the nursery an absurd little bird is popping out to say cuckoo. regretfully they tell us, but firmly they compel us to say goodnight to you. so long,farewell, auf wiedersehen, good night i hate to go and leave this pretty sight. so long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, adu. adu adu to you and you and you. so long, farewell, au revoir, auf wiedersehen i'd like to stay and taste my first champagne. so long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, good bye i leave and heave a sigh and say goodbye, goodbye. i'm glad to go i can not tell a lie. i flit, i float, i fleety flee i fly. the sun has gone to bed and so must i so long farewell afedersen good bye, good bye good bye good bye
    Hello, hello, hello
    I don't know why you say goodbye,
    I say hello...
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Turn Off Ads?