Yeah, that'll do.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

2. Likes:

RiverRat13 (08-07-2015)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The new James Bond??????

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    They mention "Skyfall" in that trailer and every time I hear that word now I cannot help but think of the Pete Holmes skit. It's so dumb but makes me laugh every time.

I love me some Pete Holmes. His two comedy albums are top notch. He comes off as a great guy.

Ok, I figure this will be ok for spoilers.

*********SPOILERS WILL BE IN THE NEXT POST***********

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Ok it just keeps updating my previous post, I think I'll have to wait a few minutes before making my actual post.

Spoilers??!?

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

So this was basically a reboot of On Her Majesty's Secret Service, correct? Bad guy wanting his daughter protected from a worse bad guy, Bond falling in Love with the daughter, strange clinic in the mountains, etc.... Only it seems that Tracy/Madeleine is going to die at the beginning of the next movie instead of at the end of this one.

I guess I knew since the law suit was settled that Blofeld would obviously be in the movie but I guess I expected more of an original story. Even still I thought it was very good, a little long and I could have used more Christoph Waltz, but I guess they're setting him up for the next movie. I wasn't a big fan of Andrew Scott's character which I was surprised because I love him in Sherlock.
    Last edited by Razor Shines; 11-09-2015 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Spoilers??!?
    You mean that the plot of a Bond movie can't really be spoiled? Or was I the only one that didn't know going in that this would be a somewhat reboot of On Her Majesty's Secret Service?

So this was basically a reboot of On Her Majesty's Secret Service, correct? Bad guy wanting his daughter protected from a worse bad guy, Bond falling in Love with the daughter, strange clinic in the mountains, etc.... Only it seems that Tracy/Madeleine is going to die at the beginning of the next movie instead of at the end of this one.

I guess I knew since the law suit was settled that Blofeld would obviously be in the movie but I guess I expected more of an original story. Even still I thought it was very good, a little long and I could have used more Christoph Waltz, but I guess they're setting him up for the next movie. I wasn't a big fan of Andrew Scott's character which I was surprised because I love him in Sherlock.
    Scott's character in Sherlock was not only a major player in the plots but a whole lot nastier-and he plays nasty quite well.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean that the plot of a Bond movie can't really be spoiled? Or was I the only one that didn't know going in that this would be a somewhat reboot of On Her Majesty's Secret Service?
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Saw it again at a better theater (for the audio) yesterday and not in IMAX. As always, will probably have to wait until the DVD comes out to enable the close-captioning on to get all the dialogue.
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post
    Saw it again at a better theater (for the audio) yesterday and not in IMAX. As always, will probably have to wait until the DVD comes out to enable the close-captioning on to get all the dialogue.
    Is this a recent thing with Hollywood sound production? I'm under 40 and trust my hearing. But I sure have had to turn the CC on many movies lately.

12. Likes:

Dom Heffner (11-15-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Is this a recent thing with Hollywood sound production? I'm under 40 and trust my hearing. But I sure have had to turn the CC on many movies lately.
    Don't know - its just a habit of mine especially if the accents are strong or the character mumbles.

Turn Off Ads?