Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Did Chad Bite Off More Than He Can Chew?

Re: Did Chad Bite Off More Than He Can Chew?

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    He said no one would stop him this past Sunday too. 5 receptions for 54 yds is not exactly tearing it up.
    Did you see the coverages the Steelers were using?

Chad and his gigantic pie-hole were a major reason why Chris Henry, TJ Houshmandzadeh, and Reggie Kelly were open. Pittsburgh was rolling their coverage Chad's way all day long and Carson burned 'em repeatedly by going the other way. That's the major reason we didn't hear Troy Polamalu's name called until the 4th quarter.

As Marvin would say ... Chad did his job.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainHook
    That's the major reason we didn't hear Troy Polamalu's name called until the 4th quarter.
    And one of the times we heard his name was when Rudi laid him out on the way into the end zone.

Chris Henry...IMO....has Randy Moss type ability.....hopefully without some of the attitude....although RM is not nearly as bad as TO is.

We are so lucky to have Carson Palmer. Look who we're comparing him to... Peyton Manning. Whether he's truly better yet or not, considering his age, unbelievably lofty company.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS
    We are so lucky to have Carson Palmer. Look who we're comparing him to... Peyton Manning. Whether he's truly better yet or not, considering his age, unbelievably lofty company.
    I know that you have to take anything heard on ESPN with a grain of salt, but hearing Palmer and multiple Super Bowl appearances mentioned together without any mention of him being traded did bring a smile to my face. We've been through so many bad seasons without any reason to hope that I find myself wanting to pinch myself to make sure this season isn't just some sort of dream that I'll wake up from only to find out that Akili is still the starting QB and we just won our 3rd game of the season.

Cincinnati fans really do have something to cheer about; the now is great for the Bengals and the future definitely bright. With the Reds being just about the worst sports entertainment on earth right now, and a vanilla new ownership group on the horizon, it's important to relish the good stuff. I'm not a Bengals fan (not much of a football fan honestly), but I have really enjoyed watching this team. They are exciting.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

With the Reds being just about the worst sports entertainment on earth right now, and a vanilla new ownership group on the horizon,
    Vanilla is major part of Graters Chocolate Chip Ice Cream. I myself like Vanilla, it's what you do with it that makes it good.

Curling and Slam Ball are way worse to watch than the Reds too.
    Last edited by westofyou; 12-06-2005 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    Curling and Slam Ball are way worse to watch than teh Reds too.
    Well, we got that going for us, which is nice.

2006 marketing slogan: "Reds baseball, way better than curling."
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered
    "Reds baseball, way better than curling."
    And it tastes like chicken too!

Roller Derby is making a comeback, not sure how that would stack up with slamball and curling

http://www.jsonline.com/news/metro/dec05/375077.asp
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    Cincinnati fans really do have something to cheer about; the now is great for the Bengals and the future definitely bright. With the Reds being just about the worst sports entertainment on earth right now, and a vanilla new ownership group on the horizon, it's important to relish the good stuff. I'm not a Bengals fan (not much of a football fan honestly), but I have really enjoyed watching this team. They are exciting.
    Careful FCB. That's probably how they lured you into being a Reds fan. "look we have this exciting dynamic unstoppable franchise. gO rEDz!". You're going to end up a Bengals and Reds fan and let me tell you from personal experience, that is the road, while perhaps less traveled, that opens up into a festering dungheap of heartbreak and frustration.

Having said that, Go Bengals!

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric
    Peyton and the Colts have had possibly the easiest schedule I could ever remember. Add in the misery of the pass defenses of the squads they have played and it's even more clear. The ONE good defense he went against (Jacksonville) he went 13-28 with no touchdowns and one interception at HOME. Carson went 22-33 with two touchdowns and no interceptions @ Jacksonville.
    Ravens? Steelers? They've got pretty good defenses.

What was the net result of that Bengals game against Jacksonville? Oh yeah, they lost. What's Herman Edwards always say - "You play to win the game"?

Peyton Manning used put up all kinds of gaudy numbers back when he had to score 40 every game to win because the Colts defense stunk. It was fun to watch but it they couldn't get to the Super Bowl doing that. Now that Manning has a defense that can contribute, he can take advantage of teams dropping eight and daring the Colts to run on them. Edgerrin James, in a contract year, has to be delighted with how things worked out.

Don't get me wrong - the Bengals are a good team right now, and if they keep that nucleus of offense together, eventually Marvin Lewis will turn the defense around, and Bengals fans will be celebrating a great team in a couple years. The Bengals remind me of where the Colts were in 2002 - which isn't a bad place to be.

IIRC when it comes to the schedule, it's relatively set based on performance the previous year - if you're a first place team, you play the other first place teams in your conference (Pittsburgh, New England, San Diego), a selected opposite conference (NFC West), and home/away against your own division. Second place teams get second place teams, etc.

For reference, the Bengals got the NFC North. While that's a tougher division now, the Bengals got Chicago and Minnesota early in the year before those teams got going, when the talk around the NFL was about how the NFC North looked to be the worst divison in the NFL.

The Colts have played all the AFC playoff contenders save Denver & Kansas City and they'll play the top team in the NFC in a few weeks. And the Colts played the entire AFC North and went 4-0 against them, also.

We were comparing qb's and their play, not comparing the Colts and Bengals. They played each other. Carson put up great numbers against arguably the top three defenses in the NFL, Peyton barely put up average numbers.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Palmer 68.7 PCT 3149 YDs 26 TD 7 INT
    Manning 68.4 PCT 2966 YDs 25 TD 8 INT

How is Manning on a different planet? He had an insane year last year, but this year, Palmer has played better. Manning may be good at reading defenses, and things like that, but the stats don't lie. Palmer has played better - maybe not by alot, but still, he has played better.

Quote Originally Posted by joeberk
    For reference, the Bengals got the NFC North. While that's a tougher division now, the Bengals got Chicago and Minnesota early in the year before those teams got going, when the talk around the NFL was about how the NFC North looked to be the worst divison in the NFL.
    Can't give credit to the Bengals for their slow start?

Turn Off Ads?