Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thank you Mr. Castellini

Thank you Mr. Castellini

Thank you, Mr. Castellini.

You've done more in 4 days to restore hope to Reds fans everywhere than I've seen done in 4 years.

You're obviously a man of action, and we love that.

You bought yourself a lot of chips today. You showed that your talk isn't cheap.

We don't ask much. We know it's tough running a middle market team.

Just show us you care. Show us it matters. Show us that you love the Reds just as much as we do.

You've done that in spades so far.

Thank you.

I promise I'll eat my vegetables from now on.

We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Thank you Mr. Castellini

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62
    Thank you, Mr. Castellini.

You've done more in 4 days to restore hope to Reds fans everywhere than I've seen done in 4 years.

You're obviously a man of action, and we love that.

You bought yourself a lot of chips today. You showed that your talk isn't cheap.

We don't ask much. We know it's tough running a middle market team.

Just show us you care. Show us it matters. Show us that you love the Reds just as much as we do.

You've done that in spades so far.

Thank you.

I promise I'll eat my vegetables from now on.

brown-noser. He's not really reading the board, you kiss up

But I agree with every word you said
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy
    brown-noser. He's not really reading the board, you kiss up

You'd better hope he's not, punk.

:
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

The Bengals can wait.

THE REDS ARE BACK, BABY!!!

From a business perspective, it makes a ton of sense. Mr. C needed to let his customers know that he means business. Leaving DanO in the job for much longer would send a message that, yes, there's a new owner but things are status quo...same old Front Office. This was an easy move, IMO, from a PR standpoint.

I mean, holy smokes, are you listening to WLW? Looks at this forum. People are talking about the Reds for a change. Mr. C created a buzz by doing the one, simple thing that fans have been clamoring for.

Next up, Adam Dunn and an LTC & outright release of Rich Aurilia will make my day.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Might this be another opportunity, or enticement, to get Lou Piniella to return to the Reds?

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

health, why would you want an outright release of the guy who led the team in average with runners in scoring position last year? He hit .343 with RISP, and he can play backup to EE, Lopez and whoever plays at second base.

Because the guy isn't very good defensively and demands to play in front of young players who have an upside (Ed E, Freel, Begolla). And it is money that could be spent more wisely on something the Reds don't have...pitching.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

He can demand all he wants this year, I dont think he will be playing in front of Freel or Edwin. He is good coming off the bench though or giving a guy a day of rest. Plus, what are you going to spend his money on at this point in the offseason?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt
    He can demand all he wants this year, I dont think he will be playing in front of Freel or Edwin. He is good coming off the bench though or giving a guy a day of rest. Plus, what are you going to spend his money on at this point in the offseason?
    Well, he can start in AAA.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt
    Doug - why sign him back when you traded for Womack? It seems redundant to say the least. Before today - and I'm not sure that it might change due to Narron's comments the other day - EdE could hit lights out and he'd be on the bus to Louisville. Plus, with his whiney attitude and "veteran precence", I don't want that on the team. While his statistics look good, he couldn't hit a barn on the road.

The other telling factor is that 29 other teams passed on him this off-season. Obviously if he was so good as he thought he was, someone would have picked him up.

Just because there is $1.3 Million laying around burning a hole in a pocket, doesn't mean you have to spend it. Especially on Richie.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

I was unimpressed by Friday's presser.

I was impressed with today's action.

I hope to be impressed by the choice for the next GM.

Because BA RISP is pretty much a useless measure of offensive contribution. But let's not rehash that whole debate here. We have several LONG threads discussing it in detail.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM
    Because BA RISP is pretty much a useless measure of offensive contribution. But let's not rehash that whole debate here. We have several LONG threads discussing it in detail.
    Yuppity yup yup.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Turn Off Ads?