Turn Off Ads?
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122

Thread: 3/22 game thread Reds v Twins night game

Gary Redus Ruled

Re: 3/22 game thread Reds v Twins night game

Quote Originally Posted by Heath
    I'm lost - is this Joe Paterno?
    No its "Milton" from the movie office space. I was making a lame attempt at humor...Milton=Eric Milton get it? Anyhow this milton works in an office and gets pissed whenever someone takes his stapler. So whoever took Eric Miltons stapler that pissed him off enough to strike out 6 please keep it up.:

2. Turn Off Ads?

Red staplers rock.
    Go Gators!

Just another thought to note what others have said. I know that one ST start a season does not make, but I want to see this Eric Milton on the mound all year. Most especially, it's good to see he's over the nagging ankle (?) injury he's been nursing most of spring. Milton succeeding means tons for the Reds.

Okay, not many people give Jerry Narron much credit, but I'll credit him for a bit of humor. Today's Enquirer quotes him about putting Matt Kata in the outfield, saying he just put him out there to see if he'd say "I'm not playing in the outfield". Good one.

That was funny!

Shows you what an overvalued stat the "save" can be that Shackleford got one for that ugly performance.

Re: Milton, nothing is ever determined based off of the results of one ST game, but the fact that he's able to hit 93-94 with his fastball is certainly an encouraging sign. An Eric Milton who can give the Reds 200 IP of 4.50 pitching would help this team significantly.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Quote Originally Posted by registerthis
    Shows you what an overvalued stat the "save" can be that Shackleford got one for that ugly performance.

Re: Milton, nothing is ever determined based off of the results of one ST game, but the fact that he's able to hit 93-94 with his fastball is certainly an encouraging sign. An Eric Milton who can give the Reds 200 IP of 4.50 pitching would help this team significantly.
    Exactly. That slop curve will get him by if he can juice it up to the high end of the low 90s. I am so glad he is back to just letting the old 4 seamer rip, and if that knee can hold up...oh man, I better slow down.

RE: Shackleford, there's a lot of lefties in camp. Last night's performance may have just got his ticket stamped to Louisville to start the season. He was all over the place.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Turn Off Ads?