Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 3/28 Red Stockings vs. Red Sox

Re: 3/28 Red Stockings vs. Red Sox

CE uses more words in one inning of his pbp than Nuxie provides in an entire four game series.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Bad news CE, you are required to do PBP all season, it just has to happen.
    It may be the only thing that gets us through this thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Abad is going to hit for Junior.

As far as I know, everything is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor
    Top of the 3rd...

3.) Coco Crips milks a dribbler back to Edwin Encarnacion who makes a glovely play, firing him out at first. The runner advances, and Eddie-E talks trash, saying he always preferred Fruit Loops growing up. 2nd base, 1 out.
    Dude, nice word. And I'm loving your play-by-play. I think I've laughed out loud 3 times now!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw
    Abad is going to hit for Junior.

As far as I know, everything is fine.
    Oh no.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor
    He really was a great tud of a going away present by Dan O'Brien -- like a fruitcake on Christmas from that aunt you don't really like. 2 outs, men on 1st and 2nd.
    I'd eat the fruitcake happily if it would make the Yankees have to take him back.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

In the top of the 6th, the Reds are down to 3-2. Here comes the changes: Matt Kata comes in, Andy Abad comes in, Mena-Mena-Not gonna be here next week comes in, and Rick White takes over on the mound. God I love spring training -- it's like all of these names steppd out of "Bases Loaded" baseball from the NES.

1.) Enrique Wilson hits a double to Matt Kata. Marty criticizes the outing by Dave Williams as "Getting his work in" (aka "not good") -- last year, I'd have taken 5 IP, 3 ERs any day of the week. It sure beats being down by 10 runs after the 3rd.

2.) Alex Cora hits another double, driving another run in. There is an apparent comedy of errors regarding the throw in. Rick, not exactly lighting things up right now. Reds Sox back up by 2.

3.) Josh Bard hits a chopper and gets thrown out. Then, following the put out, a quick throw to 3rd comes close to getting Cora out. Cora, apparently convinced of his own sucking so much that he cannot fathom himself NOT being thrown out in such a fasion, walks off the base anyway and is tagged out again to make the out. It's a double play that goes something to something to something. I don't know the symbol for "Base Runner is a Moron," so I can't really tell you. 2 outs.

4.) Coco Crisp hits a ball to Frank Mena-Mena-Not Gonna be here next week, who promptly lives up to his nickname by booting the ball. Rich Aurillia claps from the dugout and proudly tells the first row of fans "He learned it all from me." It's an E6.

Crisp, to add insult to injury, swipes 2nd base where he can be closer to Frank to talk trash.

5.) Kevin Youklis, Greek God of Walks, steps into the box. Steve Stewart states it'll be "interesting" to see how the rotation will be. Marty says nobody knows how the Reds are going to be this year. The answer, Marty, is bad. Very...Very...Very Bad. At least Aaron Harang will mean that you're guaranteed a decent ball game once per week. Youklis hits a fly ball out to Freel to end the inning.

One step forward, one step back, as the Red Sox go back up by 2 at 4-2.
    Last edited by Caveat Emperor; 03-28-2006 at 07:45 PM.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Brian Buchanan.. this guy is tearing it up.. yes spring training stats don't count but he has hit nearly everyone and everything for that matter. We all liked Bobby Estalella last year and were pulling for him.. I'd lean towards BB over Cruz/McCracken for the 4th OF spot

How did the Reds score run 2?

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor
    Dave Ross hit an RBI single an inning or so back.

Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegoRed
    I joined in April 2001 and have 36 points? Who did I tick off? (Kelvin finally paying attention to such things (- But seriously does anyone here go back to the old fastball days? I think that's how I ended up here?
    Me, 15 Fan, M2. I think Princeton was there too.

Rem
    Last edited by remdog; 03-28-2006 at 09:16 PM.

Can he be stopped?

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor
    This way:

Quote Originally Posted by Caveatemperor
    2.) Brian Buchanan hits a double to the wall, hustling into 2nd and beating a throw. Ryan Freel sues for Scrappiness Infringement, but Jerry Narron tells him he's just too valuable to the club to allow him use of the team attorney. He mutters and steps into the batters box. 1 out, man on 2nd.

3.) Ryan Freel steps in. Marty gets "on his soapbox" and takes the Reds to task for 'allowing' the Red Sox to use the DH in their park. He claims that it sends the wrong message, that there are some NL teams that are open to the idea of a DH, which is a dumb rule. RedsZone fans hope Marty falls off the soapbox and injures his vocal chords. The idiocy is astounding -- the DH is going to be a rule throughout baseball within the next 10-20 years, that's just the way it's going to be. It'd be a great concession to offer the player's union -- the prospect of an additional 15 starting jobs for ballplayers in the NL. Ugh. Ryan Freel takes a walk...a scrappy walk. 1st and 2nd, 1 out.

4.) Dave Ross with a LINE DRIVE BASE HIT! Brian Buchanan runs in to score and bring the deficit back to 1. Ryan Freel moves up to 2nd. Ross, dare I say, Basheming the ball all over the place tonight. Men on 1st and 2nd, 1 out. 1 run in.

It's the bottom of the 6th, where everyone wishes spring training would end already. Thank god for names on the backs of the jerseys. Clement still dealing

1.) Andy Abad with the AB. Marty comments that he'll be part of what should be a "very good" Louisville team. Well, it's good to know that the franchise has it's priorities straight: signing players to make sure that the Bats get back to championship baseball. Abad takes a walk. 1 on, 0 outs.

2.) Adam Dunn, He Who Makes Mortals Tremble (and occasionally sparks heated internet debates), steps into the box. Marty, as if on cue, starts talking about how often the team strikes out. Adam Dunn, as if to insert a silent "Fudge You" into the conversation, takes a walk and flexes the OBP. Marty, never one to stop a good rant, keeps going anyway about putting the ball in play. It's official: all the haircare products have gone to his head.

3.) Easy Edwin Encarnacion is up next. Proving that he's going to be a damn good player, he observes Matt's First Rule of Batting After a Pitcher Has Given Up 2 Consecutive Walks, and starts his at bat out by taking pitches and works to a full count. Speaking of pitches, Clement has to be getting close to 100 pitches -- he hasn't had a quick AB at all tonight. Terry Francona apparently took the Dusty Baker "Winning Pitching" correspondance school this summer. Easy-E strikes out on Ball 4. Still 2 on, 1 out.

4.) Frank Menachino, he of the .100-something batting average, waves as he walks into the batters box -- just happy to be there. He makes me eat my taunting nickname by lining a BASE HIT into centerfield, scoring Andy Abad!! Reds 3, Boston 4!! Adam Dunn moves into 2nd. Marty, currently busy telling a story about Mean Gene Okerlund. That figures, the Reds would have a better chance of winning games if Vince McMahon was booking the league.

5.) I think it's Brian Buchanan who hits a rocket to Short. Alex Cora takes the play to 3rd, but the ball hits Adam Dunn in the back. It's an E-6! It's bases loaded, and it's time for a pitching change!

Manny Del-Carmen gets some face time in the game thread as he comes on to pitch for Clement.

6.) Ryan Freel scraps towards the batters box. Marty complains that Boston has yet to release a media guide. I'm guessing that they just didn't give HIM one. Ryan Freel takes a BASE ON BALLS to DRIVE IN A RUN! An RBI WALK for Freel! Take that all you "we need more contact hitters" types! It's a tie ballgame at 4-4!

7.) Dave Ross steps into the batter's box, with the sacks just chalk-full of Reds. It's a WILD PITCH and Menachino comes racing in home and another run scores, with the REDS IN THE LEAD! Terry Francona immediately institutes a Pitch to Contact program, inducing a ground ball from Dave Ross. All hands remain. 2nd and 3rd with 2 outs.

8.) Tony Womack (Boo Hiss!) hits a line drive base hit! He's running to second, and two runs are going to score. VORP tells me that anybody else but Tony Womack would probably have hit a Home Run there, if he managed a single. Still, as a Reds fan, I'll take it. Reds up now 7-4!

9.) Matt Kata steps in as the 9th man to bat in the inning and then promptly strikes out. I blame Tony Womack anyway.

Reds get work done and are now in charge 7-4.
    Last edited by Caveat Emperor; 03-28-2006 at 08:09 PM.

I was on the Fastball site.... I was Vada Pinson.

That Joe Nunally trade was the highlight of the season.
    Also the Ray Knight death watch.... hoping it would happen sooner than later.

This PBP is the "best PBP ever".

That Joe Nunally trade was the highlight of the season.
    And the infamous blowup in the clubhouse between Knight and Mike Morgan.

Turn Off Ads?