Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Gonelong's 5th annual Season W/L prediction thread ...

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Re: 2006 Prediction Thread

72 - 90

Harang with 14 wins

Claussen with 12 wins

Arroyo with 15 wins

which, by the easy math means the other 2 starters and the bullpen will only rack up another 31 wins, due largely thanks to a mediocre bullpen at best and milton/williams/wilson at the back of the rotation...

2. Turn Off Ads?

81-81

But I think the roster's going to look a whole lot different by season's end.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

I think Arroyo helps a lot, but there's a lot of holes still.. I'll say 75 wins.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

I predict they will win at least 1 game.

Seriously, I have the number 72 in my head and I doin't think it's losses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

72-90. Ugh.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

As much as I think Milton, Claussen, and Williams will improve upon last year, when you come right down to it, this team still only has one good starter. One good starter does not make a successful season.

It pains me to predict a losing record but here it is: 75-87

I will root and hope for better, however, happy to see my prediction fail spectacularly.
    Thank goodness for baseball.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

71-91

The team will be out of contention by June, and there will be massive shakeups on the roster, with some combination of Jason LaRue, Austin Kearns, and Ryan Freel all dealt.

Jerry Narron will be fired on Thursday, June 15th and Bucky Dent will take over as the interim manager for the rest of the season.

Eric Milton will post a 5+ ERA for the season, but only on 18 starts, as he spends a good chunk of July and August on the DL before finally shutting it down.

Those are my Fearless precdictions.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

I'm going to be the sunshine optimist here and predict 88-74, winning the NL Wild Card.

Watching Eric Milton pitch in spring training games this year, he looks like a completely different pitcher than I saw last year, and I'm not talking about the caveman stubble. His delievery is noticeably different, and seemingly more effective, and that has me a bit excited.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

85-77

72-90 start strong -> fade fast
    Milton 9 wins, Arroyo 11, Harang 11, Claussen 8

Major roster turnover late.

I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

Nothing about this team or the manager makes me think that they will win more games than last year

71-91
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

The pitching has been improved by addition by subtraction. No Ortiz, Wilson, Graves, Valentine, Stone, Standridge, Weber, Hudson, Keisler. That is some serious subtraction. I think the Reds pitching will be better than expected while the offense may not quite measure up. The defense in CF and 2b is likely to be a problem. Hatteberg and Womack are not good things and I susupect that 2005 was Aurilia's last hurrah. I think there could be some turnover before the season starts.

77-85

I'm thinking somewhere between 0-162 and 162-0. Although you could convince me otherwise.
    I'm not a hooligan. I'm a Reds supporter.

Hooray Beer!

85-77 - I'll choose to be optimistic. I think Hatteberg has a fair year and absolutely shocking many Redzoners - Womack has a half-way decent year.

71 - 91.

sadly. In my heart, I want that reversed, but my head sees Harang and Claussen and not much else. It sees 500 AB's from scrappy Hatteberg. He gets those AB's because everyone is distracted by the fact that Womack is the starting 2B. It kinda puts everyone into shock.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Turn Off Ads?