Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Gonelong's 5th annual Season W/L prediction thread ...

Re: 2006 Prediction Thread

85-76.

One game will get rained out against Pittsburg that will never get made up.
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

2. Turn Off Ads?

The opposition and the Reds will both claim 81 games, shake hands and call it a year.

This is going to go down as one of the worst years in recent memory 64 up and 98 down. On the bright side Wayne K is not afraid to make moves and totally blows it up.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

98-64

Im feeling lucky

Freelin' it

75-87.......

gonna be a long year.

I'm going for 84 wins.

Griffey will be up for MVP honors, the Reds will stay relatively healthy and a pitcher to be named later will be the key to our success. Also, you heard it here 1st - Milton will get 14 wins despite giving up 39 HRs.

Go Reds!

They will win 10 more games because of improved starting pitching.
    They will lose 10 more games because of a weaker offense.
    They will fall back an additional 6 games because of a bad bullpen.
    Prediction 67-95.
    If they improve to 80 wins, I will be quite pleased. Later I will wonder why.

Right now, I will say 78-84. Another deal or two could change that, though.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

I make no predictions until gonelong says it's time to predict.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    I make no predictions until gonelong says it's time to predict.

I was going to start a thread on Thur/Friday, figured we might have a better idea of when Larue was going to be back.

Here are the old ones if anyone is interested:
    2002 http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4202
    2003 http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9414
    2004 http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21619
    2005 http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33108

GL

I have nothing against Jerry Narron. I'd love to see him manage in AAA where he can mix and match scrappy baseball players with older guys who do the little things.

I'd love to see this pitching staff fool the world but....
    With this pitching staff and this manager an 81-81 season bet would be a long shot.

My heart wants to say 88-74.

My head says 74-88. (hope i'm wrong)

90 and 72

88-74 and in contention for the Wild Card.

Here's how I think it will play out (in my wildest fantasies--or at least those not involving Elizabeth Hurley).

The Reds get off to a decent start in April as they get decent starting pitching (ERA of 4.5 for the month) and the bullpen blows only a couple of leads/saves. Womack is benched for a low OBP and lackluster defense--Freel and Aurilia basically split time at 2b after tax day.

As Memorial day winds closer, the Reds are a few games over .500. Wilson replaces Williams as the 5th Starter. Aurilia and Dunn see more time at 1b and Denforia is recalled from AAA to share time with Freel as the 4th OF when Dunn is at 1b. Dunn and JR. are both vying for the HR lead and Kearns, Ed. E and Lopez are having sold offensive years. Coffey becomes the closer and saves 90% of the leads he inherits.

Come summer, Williams and Milton (who has pitched sub 5.00 ERA) are dealt as part of a blockbuster deal (maybe 3 team) that gives the Reds another solid starting pitcher. They continue to play well until the last weekend of the season when they only need one victory to beat the Phillies out for the WC. They win on a Jr. home run, but the Phillies are in extra innings and we all have to sit on our hands until its over....
    Where we gonna go?

Four Eyed Phenom

I like the wild card scenario, but I'm not as optimistic. 80-82

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Gonelong's 5th annual Season W/L prediction thread ...

Note: This is a good chance for all those lurkers out there to get a first post under their belt.

Ok, time for Gonelong's 5th annual Reds Win prediction thread. Similar to years past my requests are minimal:

1) We are not predicting a record here, but a range of 5 Wins you think the Reds will fall into. (Max range of 5 Ws, and not give or take 5 (a 10 W range).
    2) Lets make our prediction as if your house was being bet on it. (Please no 162 Ws, etc ? we have other threads available for this)
    3) I will be at home on opening day this year, not having a ticket, I'll be watching the game on the tube. (Please let this be on in HD!) I'll average the range in and come to a "Redszone consensus" (Hey, I just invented an Oxymoron!)
    4) If I am feeling particularly sassy, I might just retroactively figure the first 4 Redszone's predictions and see how we "optimistic", "pessimistic", or "realistic" we are as a group.

Here are the historical prediction threads, if anyone wants to check on their past performance:
    2002: http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4202
    2003: http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9414
    2004: http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21619
    2005: http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33108

I realize there is a VERY similar thread on sticky at this point. Feel free to ignore this one, I won't be put out either way.

My prediction for 2006 Range of Reds Wins is between 72-77 Ws.

GL

Edit: Ok, shame on all of you for not calling me out on "range of 5 W's" for the past 4 seasons. 72-77 is actually a range of six ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, & 77

Turn Off Ads?