Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MLB predicts

Re: MLB predicts

Quote Originally Posted by GullyFoyle
    The Hardball Times have their staff picks up.

http://www.hardballtimes.com/main/ar...f-predictions/

Lee Sinins NL Central Picks:

1)STL 2)CIN 3)HOU 4)MIL 5)CHC 6)PIT

I wish I could hold him to it. :

No one else has the Reds above 4th and most have 'em bring up the rear.
    Not so,
    Joe Sheehan also has the Reds 2nd.

The Reds have the most upside of the other five teams, and they could be interesting if they somehow managed to stay under 850 runs allowed. I don’t really see it happening; they have a below-average rotation and poor bullpen pitching in front of what might be the NL’s worst defense in a very good hitters’ park. In a best-case scenario, their five starters stay healthy and provide league-average performance, while some combination of Ryan Wagner (who I really like this year), Matt Belisle and Todd Coffey emerge as a 1-2 combination in the bullpen.

Code:
    Cardinals    94   68      850   730
    Reds         83   79      901   879
    Cubs         83   79      764   753
    Astros       80   82      681   687
    Brewers      77   85      710   741
    Pirates      67   95      669   788
    http://www.baseballprospectus.com/ar...articleid=4931

2. Turn Off Ads?

Well, we did have a thread on this, but it got zero responses yesterday. Here's the link: http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44492

anyway, here are my picks.

AL West 1. A's 2. Angels 3. Rangers 4. Mariners
    AL Central 1. Twins 2. White Sox 3. Indians 4. Tigers 5. Royals
    AL East 1. Yankees 2. Red Sox 3. Blue Jays 4. Orioles 5. D-Rays
    AL Wildcard Red Sox

NL West 1. Padres 2. Giants 3. Dodgers 4. Diamondbacks 5. Rockies
    NL Central 1. Cardinals 2. Brewers 3. Astros 4. Reds 5. Cubs 6. Pirates
    NL East 1. Braves 2. Mets 3. Phillies 4. Marlins 5. Nationals
    NL Wildcard Mets

AL Champion NY Yankees
    NL Champion Atlanta Braves

World Series Champion NY Yankees

AL MVP Alex Rodriguez
    NL MVP Albert Pujols

AL Cy Young Johan Santana
    NL Cy Young Jake Peavy

AL Rookie Of The Year Kenji Johjima
    NL Rookie Of The Year Jeremy Hermida
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Jpup, sorry I didn't notice that thread.

rdiersin, kind of funny that part of Sheehan's rationale for what could go right with the Reds, namely Ryan Wagner, has started the year in AAA.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    kind of funny that part of Sheehan's rationale for what could go right with the Reds, namely Ryan Wagner, has started the year in AAA.
    Yea, I noticed that too. Its also kind of interesting that this is what he got after he looked at the whole thing. In the article he mentioned that this was his final predictions, and his initial predictions are the ones in the staff predictions, which he picked the Reds 4th.

Turn Off Ads?