Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Great Redszone Gathering At Cinergy Field

Great Redszone Gathering At Cinergy Field

I've been talking with a couple others on here about getting together for the game on Friday, August 30th against the Brewers. And for some of you on here who are kind S-L-O-O-OW...yes, it is a home game!

We're just looking at meeting someplace prior to the game for "eat, drink, and fellowship", and then going to the stadium and getting general admission seats so we can all sit together (do the beer guys go that high? ). If not, then ChipR said he'd make the beer runs!

Post your response here if you are seriously thinking about it. Or else, send me an email.

My "inner circle" is currently working out the details as to where we can possibly meet prior. Some though may just want to meet at the stadium, and at at certain gate, prior to gettting tickets (which is fine). We'll get the details worked out here in the next few days or so.

So sign on if you are interested!
    Last edited by GAC; 08-09-2002 at 04:39 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    A true Red's fan would know how to spell Cinergy.

Sounds like the Teamster's will be in attendance.
    Last edited by TeamCasey; 08-09-2002 at 04:40 PM.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Damn spellcheck let me down again!

Re: Great Redszone Gathering At Cinery Field

Originally posted by GAC
    My "inner circle" is currently working out the details
    And what does one have to do to gain access? you don't even talk to me when I come into chat these days. :angel:
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

By the way, I've seen this nonsense about a "clique" lately. No such thing. Anytime we've had a Zone outing, we've invited everyone on here. We've grovelled, for goodness sake. So, hush up, and come on out to a great night at the park!

GAC will buy you the beverage of your choice.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

TC's correct; the Teamsters will be there. But! For the record, I already have tickets so will not be buying any extra... just save me a seat next to you GAC... I'll sneak to your section.

Before the game? How about the Inbetween Tavern (if it's a nice night and not raining). It's real close to the stadium (3rd and Broadway) and it's outside. In fact, it's where they've been filming those "singing int he shower" commercials for Old Spice.

Anybody else game? (game, not "gamey" LOL)
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Re: Re: Great Redszone Gathering At Cinery Field

Originally posted by creek14

And what does one have to do to gain access? you don't even talk to me when I come into chat these days. :angel:
    Bring Jello, of course. :evilgrin:
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

ChipR just mentioned the "In Between". You "locals" know the best place to meet at (not me). As I always say to my wife... "I'm game!" I usually just park in the parking lot right along the river and between the Bengals & Red's stadiums. I am not "up" on how to manuever around Cincy downtown (I'd be in Indy in no time). So it would be best for me to park and meet everyone somewhere. But again, you "locals" would have a beter idea as to where to meet at best. Just give the GACster a map and plenty of details, wherever we decide to meet.

Lets just throw around some local places to meet over the next few days, and then we'll decide on one.

P.S. and to my sweetheart creek... I never talk to you in chat because of your multiple personality disorder while in there. You know how S-L-O-O-W I am. Every time you've been in there incognito (and then left), I'm always asking everyone else... "Was that creek?" And they end up laughing at me!

I'd be interested. Be nice to meet some of y'all

5th and Vine (part of the Westin) is also a good place to meet before the game, and you can park right there under the Westin, for a good price after 5:00 or 6:00 p.m. You can also buy your tickets right there at the Dugout shop. (It's across the hallway about 20 feet away). Small venue, but fine for pre-game cocktails, right across the street from the Fountain.

Cocktails, munchies, tickets and parking all in the same place. About a 2 block walk to the stadium, waltz right in to your seats.

Just another option to ponder. Not sure if you guys are going to buy tickets in advance.

Man, you guys are so lucky to be able to get together and go to the game. I'd love to be able to join you, but it's just too long of a drive! I'll be there in spirit if nothing else. Hope y'all have a great time, and have one for me.

Can you tailgate on the plaza? If so, everyone could meet at my Tahoe. The Creek Family could have a full cooler in the back, some snacks, the pregame on the radio. Just a little sports bar on wheels.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Alright!! Free Food!

gathering

Probably not, but wish I lived closer and I would. I'm going to the game on Sunday the 18th, so that will most likely be my only trip up north this season.

Originally posted by TeamCasey
    5th and Vine (part of the Westin) is also a good place to meet before the game
    I thought of that TC but it is so packed on Friday nights I didn't think that would be the best place to meet and greet.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?