Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Dayton redzoners

Dayton redzoners

I was looking over the Dragons players stats and the one name that I quickly noticed was Johnny Cueto. The Dominican has a 1-1 record with a 4.50 ERA, 10.0 IP but given up only 6 hits and struck out 14 but NO walks. Anyone seen him pitch? He's listed at 5'10" and 192 so I envisioned Pedro Martinez. Stretch, I know. What kind of pitches does he have?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Re: Dayton redzoners

It'll be a few weeks yet before I get to my first game.

I plan to take in a game (or three) this weekend. If he pitches I'll let you know how he looks...
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran
    I plan to take in a game (or three) this weekend. If he pitches I'll let you know how he looks...
    Hey Kitty - you going lawn seats again? If I knew that, I could have given you seats for Saturday - I gave away my Saturday night tickets already

I'll take a peek on Monday night - that's my next game.

In May-they have 8 home games. Eight. High School Playoffs are coming to town.

Speaking of Dayton Redzoners - anyone interested in a RedsZone.com night at the Farm? Maybe we can wear overalls or something.

Last edited by Heath; 04-20-2006 at 03:18 PM.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath
    Hey Kitty - you going lawn seats again? If I knew that, I could have given you seats for Saturday - I gave away my Saturday night tickets already

I'll take a peek on Monday night - that's my next game.

In May-they have 8 home games. Eight. High School Playoffs are coming to town.

Speaking of Dayton Redzoners - anyone interested in a RedsZone.com night at the Farm? Maybe we can wear overalls or something.

I rarely go on weeknights unless there is a promotion. After this weekend my next chance to go is the 28th (which is friends and family IIRC).
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Can us "out-of-towners" join in?

I believe the next game I'm attending is on the 25th. I'll have to double check that, but I think that's right.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran
    Can us "out-of-towners" join in?
    I was born in Hamilton - I'm an "out-of-towner" -
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

I will be there Saturday night. Not sure who is pitching. I saw Cueto in his 1st start of the year and that night he got hit hard. He has a pretty good fastball but there was no movement on it that night and he was hit hard. His next start on the road he had a very good start a huge improvement over the 1st start. So hopefully he will keep that momentum and pitch well.

How is that Dayton ballpark?

I still have to make it down to see the Akron Aeros yet. Canal Park in Akron is a beauty of a park, and only $10.00 a ticket.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee
    How is that Dayton ballpark?

I still have to make it down to see the Akron Aeros yet. Canal Park in Akron is a beauty of a park, and only $10.00 a ticket.
    Not a bad seat in the house... and even if you don't want to spend money and don't mind standing you can see the game thru the fence on the First Street side. Tho' sometimes I see some of the ballpark personnel handing out tickets to some people at the fence.

Also, if you are used to the minor league baseball atmosphere - it has a lot of stuff going on between innings.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic
    I will be there Saturday night. Not sure who is pitching. I saw Cueto in his 1st start of the year and that night he got hit hard. He has a pretty good fastball but there was no movement on it that night and he was hit hard. His next start on the road he had a very good start a huge improvement over the 1st start. So hopefully he will keep that momentum and pitch well.

Travis Wood will be pitching this Saturday night. I'll BE THERE TOO........

Hmm...if I take my camera I'll have to get pics again..... I'll be subconciously beering ya!

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I think I am heading up on Monday....wanted to go tonight, but the weather looks bad and Saturday I have no one to go with.

Turn Off Ads?