Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who could we get for Felipe?

JE Russell

Who could we get for Felipe?

I love Felipe and think he is the real deal at shortstop. But with him having Boras as an agent, I think we will eventually have to deal him. I would see if Krivsky could get a major league ready pitcher such as Arroyo/Dave Bush and a top notch high ceiling prospect? I know Phillips has only played well for a couple of weeks but he could slide over to shortstop.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Who could we get for Felipe?

Felipe for Liriano.... Get it done Krivsky!!!
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

jredmo2

I sure hope not, he's my favorite player.

I don't think we need to look into this unless Boras and co have given an outrageous price. Based on the arbitration numbers, I don't think there is any degree of them being unrealistic.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

He'd get a pretty nice return but the Reds better be getting back some middle infield talent and ML-ready pitching.

It's hard to win a division without a "real shortstop." He has the potential to hit as good as Barry L. He is a notch lower defensively than Barry, but he is still pretty good. He plays everyday. A pitcher plays once every five days. It's A LOT easier to find and or replace outfielders. I say trade Kearns, he's a lot easier to replace.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

We would have to get a lot before I would want to trade Felipe.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Felipe doesn't need to be going anywhere. As of now, I believe options are being explored regarding Larue, Freel, and Kearns. However, I feel Krivsky won't make a deal, just "to be making one". As the season grows on, it'll give everyone a better chance to evaluate if a move would benefit this club.

If they can pay Dunn $7-9 million a year, then Im sure they can afford to keep Lopez.

This team may be good enough to make a run to the playoffs this year but are still a couple years away from being world championship contenders. We're not good enough to start trading away building blocks like Felipe. We need to get him to sign now before his value goes up. The only players I would consider trading are players with quality replacements ready and there is no replacement for Felipe. For what it's worth I see Phillips as a Pokey Reese-type player so I don't want to count on him to be our SS.

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513
    If they can pay Dunn $7-9 million a year, then Im sure they can afford to keep Lopez.
    Frankly, I think the Reds have had some luck with Boros. I can't recall who else has used him, but I recall some time back that we had a couple of players who were with Boros. Was it Concepcion?

Actually, I think Felipe might be the guy to trade. But there's absolutely nothing in the cupboard for shortstop and we'd have to find an adequate replacement. A glove-first, offense second guy would suffice if it landed us a legitimate #1 or #2.

What say we get what we can for Phillips at his current crazy numbers, get an all glove so-so hit vacum to play SS and move FeLo to 2B?

/\ Good idea, but since SS is a money spot I doubt he moves.

Lopez would bring the most in any trade, more then even Dunn.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick
    Felipe for Liriano.... Get it done Krivsky!!!
    The Twins are even cheaper than the Reds and I think Boras doesn't mix well with them either.......I highly doubt they would want to pay him....... If he does get moved..it will be to one of the bigger market teams........

Turn Off Ads?