Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Which former Bengal do you dislike the most?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Corey Dillon

26 47.27%
  • Takeo Spikes

2 3.64%
  • Kimo Von Olhoffen

14 25.45%
  • Henri Stanley

1 1.82%
  • Lewis Billups

1 1.82%
  • Carl Pickens

11 20.00%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which Former Bengal Do You Dislike the Most?

Re: Which Former Bengal Do You Dislike the Most?

Carl Pickens killed any chance I'd ever be a Bengal fan.
    Go Gators!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker

Mike Reid was a great player and got out of football while still at an All-Pro level. He left the Bengals high and dry for a music career. Nothing wrong with that, I just wondered how people felt about his leaving.
    Reid has had some success as a songwriter. I can recall that he composed "Forever's As Far As I'll Go," which was a hit for Alabama some years ago.
    Pickens gets my vote in this poll.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Why is Akili Smith not on this list???

Corey Dillon was sick of the Bengals' nickle-and-dime operation. The Bengals were a miserable team with a miserable front office. Dillon simply didn't want to put up with that any more.

He wasn't quiet about his dislike of the organization, and that's why some fans still hate him. But he said things that needed to be said.

Throwing his jersey into the crowd was excessive and unnecessary, but I give the guy a lot of slack for having the guts to say the Bengals organization sucked and he wasn't going to deal with it any more.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool
    Corey Dillon was sick of the Bengals' nickle-and-dime operation. The Bengals were a miserable team with a miserable front office. Dillon simply didn't want to put up with that any more.

He wasn't quiet about his dislike of the organization, and that's why some fans still hate him. But he said things that needed to be said.

Throwing his jersey into the crowd was excessive and unnecessary, but I give the guy a lot of slack for having the guts to say the Bengals organization sucked and he wasn't going to deal with it any more.
    I think a lot of fans were still in Dillon's corner right up until half way through his last season, when the Bengals were finally showing that they were heading in the right direction. Instead of being happy that they were finally winning, he cried about not getting his carries. All that time talking about wanting to be on a winner and then when his team finally makes a playoff run, he's whining about not getting his reps and causing problems in the locker room. Add to that throwing his gear into the stands, oh and going on national TV wearing a Raiders jersey and calling Willie Anderson a "chump." This is a guy who laid his body out on the line for Dillon so he could get his yards and Dillon's thanks is to insult him on his way out of town.

Don't forget about his statement about how he'd rather "flip burgers" than play for the Bengals earlier in his career. There are alot of people out there who do flip burgers who would gladly take Dillon's talent and be happy to play a game for a living. Right up there with Takeo Spikes talking about "getting his slave papers" to get out of Cincinnati. It's not indentured servitude. It's football. Get over yourself.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

All of them!

0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

All that time talking about wanting to be on a winner and then when his team finally makes a playoff run, he's whining about not getting his reps and causing problems in the locker room.
    He helped the Patriots to a Super Bowl championship. He struggled through injuries this season (like most of his teammates) and played hurt.

The Patriots aren't the kind of team who would tolerate dissention. If Corey were causing problems, he would be on the bench.

I'm not saying he's the classiest guy in the world. But I do admire him for calling out the Bengals organization for the flea-circus it was.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Turn Off Ads?