SP C. Hamels
    RP J. Papelbon
    RP T. Gordon
    P B. Ryan
    P C. Ray
    BN E. Bedard
    DL J. Patterson
    DL R. Harden

Initial offer sent to me was Hawpe and Penny for Fielder and Jason Lane.

He has an open P spot and wants to send 2 hitters for a hitter pitcher.

I told him I'd do F. Garcia and Fielder for Penny / Hawpe.

Also told him I'd consider Garcia, Fielder, and J. Reyes for Penny, Bedard, Hawpe and Crisp?

Are either of those deals good for me? I like Fielder a lot and want to get him somehow.

His roster is:

C J. Mauer
    1B M. Teixeira
    2B R. Weeks
    3B M. Ensberg
    SS M. Young
    OF I. Suzuki
    OF B. Bonds
    OF L. Berkman
    Util J. Reyes
    Util P. Fielder
    BN J. Lane
    BN G. Jenkins
    BN C. Shelton

SP F. García
    SP D. Davis
    SP C. Capuano
    SP J. Lieber
    RP T. Hoffman
    RP B. Fuentes
    P J. Westbrook
    P --empty--
    DL J. Contreras
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: More trade advice help

What about Penny, Bedard and Hawpe for F. Garcia and Fielder? Giving up too much?

In about 3 weeks, I'm going to have Crisp, Harden and Patterson all back, so I'm going to need to cut 2 players from my roster. Currently that means I'd have to cut two of Bedard, Penny, Escobar, and Hamels. (I was going to keep Hamels and Penny) If I deal 2 pitchers for one that just clears one more spot for me and I'd keep Garcia and Hamels and drop Bedard and Escobar when Patterson and Harden come back. I'm about ready to drop Bedard as is now, so why not throw him into the trade and hope I get some value for him in return.

What other offers should I make to get Fielder knowing that he wants Penny and Hawpe in return?
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Should I just do Penny for Fielder straight up? He said that he put Hawpe in as a throw in, same with Lane. I view Hawpe as better than a throw in, I don't feel that Lane is any better than a throw in. Penny hurt his back somewhat in the last start, and throws in Coors field this week, so he might not help short term. His injured past makes me concerned about the long term as well.

If I do that, my SP's are: Myers, Escobar, Hamels and Bedard (weak) for the next 2-3 weeks. I could still drop Bedard for Haren, if that's an upgrade that would keep me afloat until my pitchers get back.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I like Brad Penny's upside more than Garcia's, but I'd say Penny and Hawpe for Garcia and Fielder would be a pretty even deal. I wouldn't offer more.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

He doesn't want to give up Garcia now.

He said he'd do Penny for Fielder straight up. I like Fielder a lot, especially with Sexson struggling so much, that helps me there, but dealing Penny away really cripples my pitching staff for the next 2-3 weeks.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I guess what I'm trying to find out is what is my depth chart here:

Assuming I do the trade, I'd have:

C- V. Martinez
    1B- P. Fielder
    2B- C. Utley
    3B- M. Mora
    SS- D. Jeter
    OF- J. Bay
    OF- J. Gomes
    OF- M. Holliday
    UT- T. Hafner
    UT- B. Hawpe
    BN- R. Sexson
    BN- C. Crisp

SP- B. Myers
    SP- K. Escobar
    SP- C. Hamels
    SP- D. Haren
    RP- J. Papelbon
    RP- T. Gordon
    P- C. Ray
    P- B. Ryan
    DL- J. Patterson
    DL- R. Harden

Seeing that, my pitching is going to be pretty weak until both my SP's get back off the DL. When they do get back, I still have to drop 2 players. Should that be Bedard and Crisp? Is Crisp too valuable to just drop? I was hoping I could use him off my bench when I needed SB's, but I could use his roster spot more for a SP. Who should I try and trade? It would be ideal if I could get a good SP for a RP and Crisp, but that isn't likely to happen. Just not sure what to do with my roster, and it's getting closer to the time I need to do something (BTW, Fielder ranked 25th in Yahoo for all players over the last month, I definately think he's more valuable than Penny).
    Last edited by Red Leader; 05-16-2006 at 01:53 PM.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Things just went crazy.

The owner that has Pedro says that he got an offer for him. Wanted to know if I could beat it. I offered J. Gomes and K. Escobar for Pedro and Kearns.

Still have the other offer of Penny for Fielder on the table.

Could end up giving up Escobar, Penny and Gomes for Pedro, Kearns and Fielder.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

If you get Pedro and Kearns for Gomes and Escobar you need to buy the other guy a case of beer and say thank you very much.

Gomes will hit more HRs then Kearns, but other than that Kearns should stay pretty close to him. Pedro will only outpreform Escobar by like, a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye33
    If you get Pedro and Kearns for Gomes and Escobar you need to buy the other guy a case of beer and say thank you very much.

Gomes will hit more HRs then Kearns, but other than that Kearns should stay pretty close to him. Pedro will only outpreform Escobar by like, a lot.
    He's still considering it. He really likes Jonny Gomes. I made a trade with this guy last year, something like Freddy Garcia and Cesar Izturis (who I had picked up after Nomar went down) for Eric Chavez and Marcus Giles. He's still unhappy about that trade and now thinks I'm trying to screw him everytime I send him an offer. He may ask me to throw in Hawpe along with Gomes and Escobar for Kearns and Pedro. I could probably do that, although I think I'd rather give up Crisp.

The Penny for Prince Fielder trade was accepted already, and I dropped Erik Bedard and picked up Ted Lilly. Not a long term move, I'm going to lose this player no matter what once Patterson / Harden come back. I just like Lilly's matchup better than Bedard's or Haren's (the other pitcher I thought about picking up).
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

HELP!!!!!

This guy just sent me the following trade:

OF Jonny Gomes and SS Derek Jeter
    For
    SS Jhonny Peralta, SP Pedro Martinez and SP Randy Johnson.

What do I do with that?

If accepted I'd have:

C- V. Martinez
    1B- P. Fielder
    2B- C. Utley
    3B- M. Mora
    SS- J. Peralta
    OF- J. Bay
    OF- M. Holliday
    OF- B. Hawpe
    UT- T. Hafner
    UT- R. Sexson
    BN- C. Crisp

SP: B. Myers
    SP: P. Martinez
    SP: R. Johnson
    SP: K. Escobar
    RP: J. Papelbon
    RP: T. Gordon
    P: B. Ryan
    P: C. Ray
    BN: C. Hamels
    DL: R. Harden
    DL: J. Patterson

I'd have to cut T. Lilly for this trade to go through.

I'd also have to either trade or cut two of K. Escobar, C. Hamels, or C. Crisp to get Patterson and Harden back on my active roster.

What are the projected PECOTA figures for Peralta and Jeter. I know I'd lose SB's as Peralta doesn't steal bags. I'm not really too fond on getting Randy Johnson, and he knows it, that's why he offered him. I could try and negotiate that part of it, and make it :

OF Gomes and SS Jeter for SP P. Martinez, SS Peralta, and Kearns or Rios instead of the Big Unit.

Here's his current roster:

C B. McCann
    1B R. Howard
    2B L. Castillo
    3B E. Encarnación
    SS J. Peralta
    OF Á. Ríos
    OF J. Dye
    OF A. Kearns
    Util N. Garciaparra
    Util E. Chávez
    DL M. Alou
    DL J. Cantú
    Pitching

SP F. Hernández
    SP P. Martínez
    SP B. Tomko
    SP K. Rogers
    RP Fr. Rodríguez
    RP H. Street
    P R. Halladay
    P W. Rodríguez
    BN M. Maroth
    BN R. Johnson
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I wouldn't do it. Peralta is off to a bad start and Jeter and Gomes are crushing it. plus Johnson and Martinez are injury risks.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Well, you don't need Johnson. Take him out of the deal and try to get Rios or Kearns.

You will lose AVG and SB with Peralta instead of Jeter but will gain R and HRs. Peralta has struggled some and he still has as many HRs and just a few less RBIs as Jeter and has scored a few more runs. Over the whole season, I believe they will be pretty even.

If you can get Rios instead of Johnson I would make the trade. Sure, Pedro is an injury risk but every pitcher is.

I would do Gomes and Jeter for Pedro, Peralta, Rios.

If you do want to do it RL, ask for someone other than Peralta and pick up Carlos Guillen on teh waiver wire if he's available as you said he was.
    School's out. What did you expect?

PECOTA:
    Peralta: 19 HR, 73 RBI, 70 R, .274/.345/.462
    Jeter: 15 HR, 80 RBI, 101 R, .298/.365/.431

Jeter comes out ahead there, runs scored being the big difference. However, if you can get Pedro, Peralta and Kearns back for Gomes and Jeter, I'd do it. Rios hasn't proven himself to me yet and I like Kearns a lot better. As much as I like Gomes, he has to cool off eventually and his trade value is about as high now as it'll get. I'd cash him in now if I could. I think Peralta will heat up and while he won't perform at the level he did last year, I think he'll outperform his PECOTA numbers. I wouldn't worry too much about your roster crunch right now, you've got some time before those two come off the DL and in that time you can work out some other deals to alleviate the logjam.
    "It's still a long way to the top if we want to rock'n'roll, but at least they dumped the tuba player."
    --M2

I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

First off, I wouldn't trade Jeter unless I was blown away by the offer and I don't think you have been. I wouldn't hesitate to drop Bedard outright and maybe look for a 1B on the WW, and I agree that you should stay away from Johnson. I like the Penny for Fielder offer, and while I think Sexson will come around, he needs to be on your bench for now. Overall, I'd say you are in very good shape with Harden and Patterson expected back about June 1. You can easily survive until they get back
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

Turn Off Ads?