Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: More trade advice help

Re: More trade advice help

I don't think the guy that has Liriano will move him for anything. He drafted him and has held him all year. I doubt he's going to give him up now unless I totally overpay for him. I shouldn't have even put him on the list. His SP's are: Carpenter, Arroyo, Buehrle, Kazmir, Liriano, and J. Thomson.

I have asked the guy that has Capuano and Garcia if he'd be interested in Ray / Crisp for Garcia, or Ray / Sexson for Capuano. His closers are Trevor Hoffman and Fuentes. So, he's got 2, but they haven't been very active so far this year.

This is the guy I got Prince Fielder from for Brad Penny. He just got Contreras back from the DL and picked up Randy Johnson off waivers, so he now has some pitching depth.
    Last edited by Red Leader; 05-23-2006 at 04:30 PM.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

Well now isn't really the time to look for a deal on Freddy G. but he is obviously piling up the wins so it might be okay to overpay a little. Capuano is definitely another guy I'd target. Hopefully, Crisp comes off the DL with a hot streak so he's easier to move
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

Would any of you forego all of this, drop Crisp, pickup Felix Hernandez and keep the 4 closers I have?

I'm just having a hard time with my roster with those 4 closers. They help in SV's, ERA, K, and K/9, but I'm getting crushed in IP, W, and L each week because I don't have another starter. Ideally, three would be suffice, but I could get by with 4, I'd just have to cut or trade one of Sexson or Crisp to give me a bench pitcher.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I'm a skeptic of Felix personally. He is so young and has now had all these issues so far this season. To much has been put on his shoulders this year. It was very unrealistic to expect him to just simply dominate at 19.

He could be OK the rest of the season, but it is going to take another 3-4 starts to get to that point IF it even happens. Even if he starts pitching better, his pitch count limits effect him in a lot of categories.

Capuano and Garcia are who I'd go after if I was you. Everyone seems to think Capuano will fall off, but he simply keeps going out and getting it done.

I would not simply drop Coco Crisp. People drafted him for a reason. Just because someone is on the DL doesn't mean you should just drop them cold. I know you have some roster numbers issues but you should at least wait to see how Crisp does to start off the DL.

With Patterson and Harden on the DL you are going to have to drop 2 good players eventually unless you can work out some 2 for 1 trades.

Sexson/Ray or Sexson/Ryan should be able to get you Garcia or Capuano I would think.

You're going to have to work out some 2 for 1 trades or you're simply going to have to drop quality players eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye33
    With Patterson and Harden on the DL you are going to have to drop 2 good players eventually unless you can work out some 2 for 1 trades.

Sexson/Ray or Sexson/Ryan should be able to get you Garcia or Capuano I would think.

You're going to have to work out some 2 for 1 trades or you're simply going to have to drop quality players eventually.
    Man do I know that. Thanks, Buckeye. I was trying to figure out what I would do if both Harden and Patterson came off the DL today. I think I'd drop Crisp and Hamels to activate them. I hate the idea of dropping Hamels. His K ability is really awesome and he's done well so far, with little show as far as ERA, W, L. He shouldn't have been trotted out against MIL in the 7th with a high pitch count and up by 3 runs, but he was, and he's still winless because of it. Hamels, most likely, is the worst pitcher on my roster, though, including my relievers. That's not such a bad thing. Maybe I can still tempt another owner with him and get a good SP for Hamels and Ray. That'd take care of 1 spot. Still comes down to me having to drop or trade either Sexson or Crisp. I think Sexson's numbers will improve as the season goes on. He could hit 30 HR between now and the end of the season. If he does, Crisp's numbers will be a lot easier to replace on the waiver wire. Not many 30+ HR hitters are sitting on the wire, but there are a ton of 15 HR, 15 SB guys there now: Carlos Guillen, Orlando Cabrera, Randy Winn, etc, etc.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    I think I'd drop Crisp and Hamels to activate them. I hate the idea of dropping Hamels. His K ability is really awesome and he's done well so far, with little show as far as ERA, W, L
    Well, this decision might be made a lot easier soon. Hamels has been scratched from his start today with soreness in his throwing shoulder. He is going back to Philadelphia to be examined.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye33
    Well, this decision might be made a lot easier soon. Hamels has been scratched from his start today with soreness in his throwing shoulder. He is going back to Philadelphia to be examined.
    Yeah, just read this on Rotoworld. If I drop Hamels the top candidates to pick up are: Felix Hernandez, Matt Cain, Tim Wakefield, or Jake Westbrook. I'm leaning towards Wakefield for the short term because he has a start against TB this weekend and he is something like 19-2 against them in his career.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Crisp could be activated from the DL on Monday.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Harden Update:

At least the prognosis is good for starter Rich Harden. He threw 40 pain-free pitches in the bullpen before Tuesday's game in Chicago and is getting closer to returning.

Harden expects to throw a simulated game Friday or Saturday, then head off for a minor league assignment next week.

Harden would like to return by the June 6-8 series at Cleveland, but the A's may want two simulated games and/or two rehab assignments, however, which would push his return back another seven to 10 days.

The key is getting Harden to 60 pitches in a rehab assignment, so he could throw 75 pitches upon his return.

Harden played long toss longer than usual before taking the mound and wasn't exhausted at the end of his session. He's happy with his stamina at this point and is excited there's a light at the end of the rehab tunnel.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Patterson Update:

Had Washington Nationals right-hander John Patterson been healthy for the past month, last night could have been his 10th start of the season. As it is, he has appeared just four times, and though he and General Manager Jim Bowden anticipate that Patterson will be able to overcome the tendinitis in his right forearm and be pitching in the majors by June 10, there are no guarantees.

Patterson is 1-0 with a 3.86 ERA in his four starts. He has been playing catch regularly and threw two bullpen sessions late last week, after which his arm felt stiff again. But he was back playing catch from 170 feet or so yesterday, "working on my mechanics."

"It's no big deal," Patterson said of the soreness he felt after his bullpen sessions. "Those things are expected during rehab."

So, in summary:

Hamels is going to Philly to be checked out today and is going to miss hit start tonight, and most likely his next start.

Crisp will be activated off the DL on Monday.

Harden will go on a minor league rehab and will most likely be back in the majors by June 12th or so.

Patterson is still throwing bullpen sessions and will likely go on a rehab stint at the end of the month. He should be back in the majors by June 12th or so as well.

June 12 is about 3 weeks away. Uggh.

My pitching staff is being held together by less than Paul Wilson's shoulder.

I need to make a trade for a SP, I think.

I was offered SP Jon Lieber for RP Tom Gordon. Lieber is a decent starter, but I don't like that trade. Seems to me that I should be able to get more for Gordon.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Turned down the Lieber for Gordon trade, and he countered with Freddy Garcia and Jon Lieber for Tom Gordon and Rich Harden.

I rejected that less than 10 seconds after it was offered. I think he got my point.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Turn Off Ads?