Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: 5/27/2006 Reds vs. D'backs Game Thread

Re: 5/27/2006 Reds vs. D'backs Game Thread

Boo Birds are flying!

2. Turn Off Ads?

and why not
    This will not change until the Reds win the World Series.......

April 28, 2006.

about to be swept at home 2 straight weekend series..unbelievable...can they fix the cameras on fox that jittery stuff is making me nauseous-i'd like to share my nausea with the reds cause they could sure use the runs.....sorry couldnt resist....getting tired of hearing welsh go on about how great the other teams pitching is every game when we cant score a run to save our lives...does any1 know the last sunday reds victory at gabp?????

sad.. the fans show up, the bats go to sleep~~~argg

Quote Originally Posted by BUTLER REDSFAN
    about to be swept at home 2 straight weekend series..unbelievable...can they fix the cameras on fox that jittery stuff is making me nauseous-i'd like to share my nausea with the reds cause they could sure use the runs.....sorry couldnt resist....getting tired of hearing welsh go on about how great the other teams pitching is every game when we cant score a run to save our lives...does any1 know the last sunday reds victory at gabp?????
    We've still got tomorrow, with Arroyo on the mound......

April 28, 2006.

18 (17 for now) innings without a run! what's the record?

Quote Originally Posted by CrackerJack
    18 innings without a run! what's the record?
    I'm thinking it's a bit more than 18, we didn't score in the last few innings of the final game with the Brewers

I bet the record is something huge though

April 28, 2006.

Not a runner on third tonight......beautiful

April 28, 2006.

Did they just say it's the 3rd time in six games where we've been shut out???

April 28, 2006.

weve been shut out about 5 times already i believe

i think all those allergens you see flying around the infield on tv have made the reds allergic to scoring runs

Old Red Guard Reject

Quote Originally Posted by jesusfan
    Better question: How was Larkin not a leader?
    Larkin didn't have a positive attitude. He led by complaining and blaming others. A leader, yes, but a negative leader. Of course I'll have all the Larkin fans who think he can do no wrong because he's their favorite player cry otherwise, but remember his complaining about being underpaid all the time? Remember his diminishing skills and 3 year $27 million contract? Remember the infamous walk out with Jr. at the end of the year? Remember when he got Jack McKeon fired? Remember when he wouldn't move from SS?

Barry was a great player that led by example for most of the '90s, but when he was thrust into the leadership role as Captain and it became expected of him to be a role model for the younger players he failed. He became negative and critical and the guy that had always worked hard and kept his mouth shut started talking too much and resting on the past. It's ashame because he could've been an icon and instead just left a bad taste in the mouth by his actions towards the end of his career.

GOREDSGO32

Another loss, we're falling back to earth now. I'm not expecting playoffs, if we finish above .500 and are able to drop Milton and/or Griffey contracts during the year I would call this a great success.

Quote Originally Posted by GOREDSGO32
    Another loss, we're falling back to earth now. I'm not expecting playoffs, if we finish above .500 and are able to drop Milton and/or Griffey contracts during the year I would call this a great success.
    Yep I agree.

Turn Off Ads?