Turn Off Ads?
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122

Thread: 5/28/06 Reds vs. Diamondbacks - Game Thread

Re: 5/28/06 Reds vs. Diamondbacks - Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor
    Marty complaining about Dunn :deadhorse

Complaining about Marty complaining about Dunn :deadhorse
    Well, unfortunately, Marty's act today was particularly egregious. All season long he has complained about Dunn not making contact with runners in scoring position. He has constantly stated that Dunn's job is to put the bat on the ball and drive in runs. In today's game, Rich Aurilia, a Marty favorite, struck out looking with the tying run on third. Marty says nothing. Dunn follows, works the count full, fouling off a number of pitches. Then he lines out to Gonzalez. Instead of taking the opportunity to make not of Dunn's solid attempt to put the ball in play, Marty took it as an opportunity dig on Dunn for walking or striking out with RISP. This time he went so far as take a swipe at his OBP and those who "go ga-ga" over that particular stat. The problem I have with it is that it was all BS. Dunn tried to do exactly what Marty has been harping on him to do. Yet, because it didn't fall for a hit, Marty ignores it and uses the "missed opportunity" to get on his soap box.

If that's calling it like he sees it, then he needs to get his head out of his behind.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz
    I haven't had a chance to read the whole thread, so I don't know if anyone else wrote this, but I knew as soon as Narron got tossed that we had a chance to come back and win this game. I was glad to see Narron jump in to shield Dunn and I figured this was the manager getting fiery for his team. Marty intimated that it was simply because he'd had a enough of watching 'em, but I think Narron is an old-school sort of guy who figured this was a good time to get tossed for the team. Just my opinion.
    The purpose of my post was to show somethings (BA/RISP) aren't always as important as they seem.

My post was made in jest, based in fact. Sorry if it offended you or anyone else. What can I say? I thought it was a perfect time to disspell a myth with a lil' humor.

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee
    If that's calling it like he sees it, then he needs to get his head out of his behind.
    "My prostate is a beautiful ruby red and thanks to good people at Gold Bond, my hemorrhoids have cleared up completely. Looks like that five-way I ate before the game will be making an exit between the 5th and 6th innings."
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    "My prostate is a beautiful ruby red and thanks to good people at Gold Bond, my hemorrhoids have cleared up completely. Looks like that five-way I ate before the game will be making an exit between the 5th and 6th innings."
    If it comes to that I think the Reds would have to step in
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee
    Well, unfortunately, Marty's act today was particularly egregious. All season long he has complained about Dunn not making contact with runners in scoring position. He has constantly stated that Dunn's job is to put the bat on the ball and drive in runs. In today's game, Rich Aurilia, a Marty favorite, struck out looking with the tying run on third. Marty says nothing. Dunn follows, works the count full, fouling off a number of pitches. Then he lines out to Gonzalez. Instead of taking the opportunity to make not of Dunn's solid attempt to put the ball in play, Marty took it as an opportunity dig on Dunn for walking or striking out with RISP. This time he went so far as take a swipe at his OBP and those who "go ga-ga" over that particular stat. The problem I have with it is that it was all BS. Dunn tried to do exactly what Marty has been harping on him to do. Yet, because it didn't fall for a hit, Marty ignores it and uses the "missed opportunity" to get on his soap box.

Fair enough, but this subject is getting pounded deeper and deeper into the ground. Maybe Marty should just be thought of like a board troll and ignored when he makes "Adam Dunn sucks in every area of his game" remarks, esp. since management agrees with those who consistently provide a reasonable defense of his assets and worth to this team.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden
    The purpose of my post was to show somethings (BA/RISP) aren't always as important as they seem.

My post was made in jest, based in fact. Sorry if it offended you or anyone else. What can I say? I thought it was a perfect time to disspell a myth with a lil' humor.
    Ron, I'm not sure what you're responding to here. I didnt' say anything about BA/RISP, nor did I respond to a post about it. I just found the post about the ump making a bad call to note that I thought Narron getting tossed would jump start the team. You didn't offend me - to be honest, many of these initials (BA/RISP, OPB, SLG, EIEIO, LSMFT, etc.) just make my eyes glaze over and leaves me in awe of many of the people on this board.

Turn Off Ads?