Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chris Henry arrested..........again

Re: Chris Henry arrested..........again

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Unbelievable.

Talk about throwing away a great future.

Classic case of the Esau syndrome: trading away God's lifelong gift in order to satisfy a short-term appetite.
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

We are turning into Baltimore West.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Have to get rid of him.
    Go Gators!

From Bengals.com:
    Under guidelines in the collective bargaining agreement, the Bengals can cut a player only because of skill reasons. But if they decided to release Henry after three arrests, would they be faced with a grievance and would they lose it? If they cut Henry, they would absorb a $173,000 hit on this year’s salary cap. Since it’s after June 1, they would be charged only this year’s bonus pro-ration. Next year, they would have about $519,000 in dead money.

The Bengals won’t comment on the Henry case until it is resolved legally.
    STORY

Retired

Enough is enough with this guy. How stupid can you be? All the issues he had already, then he goes out driving while loaded. Genius, pure genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life
    Enough is enough with this guy. How stupid can you be? All the issues he had already, then he goes out driving while loaded. Genius, pure genius.
    I know...how much of an idiot does a person have to be? Man, I'd be walking on egg shells everywhere I went. I'd become a model citizen...

Guys like Henry, IMO, just think that they're bigger than the law...or not going to get caught (and the irony is that they think they are too smart to get caught).

Idiot.
    Last edited by max venable; 06-04-2006 at 04:51 PM.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by max venable
    I know...how much of an idiot does a person have to be? Man, I'd be walking on egg shells everywhere I went. I'd become a model citizen...

Guy like Henry, IMO, just think that they're bigger than the law...or not going to get caught (and the irony is that they think they are too smart to get caught).

Idiot.
    Tell me about it. If I was a public figure and got arrested for the stuff he has I'd be too embarassed to go out in public.

To do what Henry has done requires a special kind of stupidity. It's just a matter of time before he does something even dumber and next time someone might get hurt. We don't need this kind of reputation as a team, Marvin needs to step up and give this guy his walking papers.

Quote Originally Posted by max venable
    From Bengals.com:

STORY
    That will be the excuse if the Bengals keep him. But in reality, players get cut all the time for other things than their "SKILL", but "skill" may be the "official reason". The Bengals have several options to take over Henry's spot {Chatman, Tab Perry, Benny Brazell, PK Sam, and even a guy who I think will either get cut or traded; Kelly Washington}. And they have several options to fill all 6 spots for WR {Chad, TJ, Tab Perry, and Antonio Chatman will all make it, Benny Brazell (who I think will make it and could even successfully take over Henry's spot without missing a beat), Reggie McNeal (Mr. Trick play option), PK Sam, and Kelly Washington can fight it out for the final two spots}.

For a team that only lost one WR (Kevin Walter) from last years team, a team that was well respected for their WR, they sure brought in a lot of WR: signed free agents PK Sam and Antonio Chatman, drafted Reggie McNeal and Benny Brazell, signed undrafted Glenn Holt. And they even tried to trade Washington during the draft.

as long as he is playing with us or any team once the season starts-if you follow what i'm saying the start of football season may save this guys life

Quote Originally Posted by BUTLER REDSFAN
    as long as he is playing with us or any team once the season starts-if you follow what i'm saying the start of football season may save this guys life
    I'm not following you. He got into his first legal trouble during last season, December 15th, I believe.

just saying this guy has too much time on his hands during the offseason--no guidance whatsoever-maybe during the season with all the coaches around he can settle down?? just a thought

I think the only way he could be kept out of trouble is a 24 hour/7 day a week football game, and even then I'd worry about when the other team is on offense.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed
    We are turning into Baltimore West.
    Well said.

Really though, if they keep this guy, he gets suspended by the NFL. Then can't the team add more to that suspension... Say a season long suspension, if the league doesn't do that anyway. I don't know if substance abuse policies only apply when a league initiated test comes back positive, but he has to be flirting with at least a 4 game suspension if not more. Now, I'm not clear on the rules, but are these suspensions without pay? Unless there is a trade possibility for him, he shouldn't play a single game next year IMO. What an embarrasment this guy has turned out to be for the league, team, and espcially this city. Its a crying shame this guy couldn't keep his nose clean even after the first arrest. He could've been a solid playmaker for this team.

Turn Off Ads?