Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EE Update

EE Update

Encarnacion update

ST. LOUIS -- Edwin Encarnacion thought he was in big trouble when he rolled over his ankle trying to stop in the fifth inning.

"I thought it broke," he said.

But X-rays showed no fractures and Encarnacion is the proverbial day-to-day with a mild sprain. He showed us the brace he was wearing -- one of those plastic and air, Active Ankle-type things -- and said he would ice it a bit tonight.

He was limping as he moved through the clubhouse, but doesn't expect to be out too long.

"I think a couple days," he said. "Tomorrow I’m not going to do anything and then we’ll go back to Cincinnati and see how I feel."
    Thank God. I freaked out when I saw him go down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: EE Update

Quote Originally Posted by reds44
    Thank God. I freaked out when I saw him go down.
    You and everyone else that knows a lick about baseball.
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

From the way he was acting, I thought he broke it too.
    School's out. What did you expect?

To be honest, I wasn't worried about a broken ankle, my first thought, 'he popped his achilles' :sick

THANK GOD! it's only a sprain.

Quote Originally Posted by SC Reds Fans
    Word.
    Go Gators!

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SC Reds Fans
    To be honest, I wasn't worried about a broken ankle, my first thought, 'he popped his achilles' :sick

Those were my exact words.... the replay they showed the first time around just showed him going back toward second and falling to the ground upon trying to push off and all i could think was he just tore his achilles....I am very glad that isnt the case.

When is this franchise ever going to get a 3rd base coach that knows what the heck he is doing? Mark Berry had no business waving Griffey up to the last second with Juan Encarnacion coming up with the ball so quickly and having a gun for an arm. It was Berry's stopping of Griffey at the last second that caused EE to have to slam on the brakes. Some of the decisions Berry has made at 3B have been terrible

I'm not enamored with Berry's decisions at third, but I don't think it was his fault. Encarnacion should have known who was running in front of him and shouldn't have run up Griffey's back in that situation. He was way to aggressive in that situation in my opinion.

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN CHAR NC
    I'm not enamored with Berry's decisions at third, but I don't think it was his fault. Encarnacion should have known who was running in front of him and shouldn't have run up Griffey's back in that situation. He was way to aggressive in that situation in my opinion.
    Well said, Randy.

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN CHAR NC
    I thoroughly agree Randy. Simply a rookie mistake.

But I still don't care for Berry.... especially after I found out he was raised a life-long Dodger fan.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by RedsMan3203
    You and everyone else that knows a lick about baseball.
    I'm glad it isn't serious. When it happened last night... I was hoping it just looked worse than it really was and that he would be ok. Even though he is on an opposing team.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyMo4Life
    I'm glad it isn't serious. When it happened last night... I was hoping it just looked worse than it really was and that he would be ok. Even though he is on an opposing team.
    You just summed up why I have an almost George Grande like respect for the Cardinals and their fans. Classy all the way, unlike a certain red, white and blue team from Illinois.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt
    Those were my exact words.... the replay they showed the first time around just showed him going back toward second and falling to the ground upon trying to push off and all i could think was he just tore his achilles....I am very glad that isnt the case.
    I thought it was an achilles also. I was scared until he got up and walked off. I knew then it wasn't that. Sounds like it isn't too bad. The Reds were a little lucky on that one.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

I thought it was a sniper. Then he writhed around on the ground in pain. I think his pride was hurt more than anything else.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

I thought it was a cramp...the way he was acting was writhing pain, then not...then writhing pain again, then limped off with no visible sign of severe pain. I think cramps make alot of folks look goofy because they seem like they are going to die.

I saw nothing in the replay that looked like sever rolling of the ankle so I wasnt too worried.

Even though it was a sprain, its a heckuva lot better than a break.

Turn Off Ads?