Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 6-7-06 Redlegs vs Redbirds (The Tide of the Central)

got alil captain in u?

Re: 6-7-06 Redlegs vs Redbirds (The Tide of the Central)

prolly just wanted to get ross and night off because arroyo starts tommororw and he wants him fresh i can understand everybody's gripe about aurilla in the cleanup spot but it's worked before jerry's just goin back to the well i kno it doesnt' work everytime but rich has his moments

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook
    In Vegas, when the roulette wheel has spit out 6 blacks in a row, do you bet on red the next spin? No way. You never bet against streaks.
    That is flawed logic. It doesn't matter if the roulette wheel has spit out 20 blacks in a row, the odds of what color comes up next is always the same.

Quote Originally Posted by captainmorgan07
    prolly just wanted to get ross and night off because arroyo starts tommororw and he wants him fresh i can understand everybody's gripe about aurilla in the cleanup spot but it's worked before jerry's just goin back to the well i kno it doesnt' work everytime but rich has his moments
    How would Ross not be 'fresh' tomorrow if he played tonight? He's played in whopping 24 games this year. Narron needs to ride him for as long as he's hot because who knows how long it'll last.

I like Aurilia, but he's not a cleanup hitter, except maybe for the Bad News Bears.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo
    That is flawed logic. It doesn't matter if the roulette wheel has spit out 20 blacks in a row, the odds of what color comes up next is always the same.
    So you'd bet on Red when it hit 20 blacks in a row? I doubt it. Yes, each spin is 50-50 (not counting green), but a general rule is you don't bet against streaks. It goes hand in hand with players being superstitious. If they're hot they might we're the same socks for weeks straight. And how about Griffey turning in the lineup card to the umpire for the past few games? If you're on a hot streak you don't change things.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

The Reds should have a "You Pick The Line Up Day" Promotion.Reds FO picks a game
    10-20 days in advance and has the fans vote on who bats were in the line up within
    reason,for example non injured players or the pitcher batting third.
    The Hunt for a Reds October.

Redhook, you have obviously never taken finite mathematics. I'm not going to bore you with them - just listen to jimbo.

And how is hitting Aurilia, who hits with runners in scoring position, in the cleanup spot wrong? I like it. And sure, Ross is hot. But maybe Jerry liked Jason's ODDS agains Ponson, given past history. Jason might have lobbied for playing time. David might have stepped down. Unlikely, but you never know.
    "....And everybody wants to be an apologist!! 'Well he's a rookie.' Well, you learn that in little league."

Marty Brennamen on Eddy's tendency to go after first pitches - 2005 season

How would Ross not be 'fresh' tomorrow if he played tonight? He's played in whopping 24 games this year. Narron needs to ride him for as long as he's hot because who knows how long it'll last.

I like Aurilia, but he's not a cleanup hitter, except maybe for the Bad News Bears.

I see your point, but by your logic, if Ross is struggling, and LaRue is on a roll, do you let LaRue catch Arroyo? No way. Offense is just a bonus at the catcher's position. Ross and Arroyo have worked very well together.

As for being fresh, the catchers positions is a very grueling one to play. So, yeah, giving him tonight off will make him "fresh" for tomarrow. He hasn't been playing everyday, so that even magnifies the possibility that he might get tired catching consecutive days.

Aurillia holds his own in the cleanup spot. He is one of the more productive hitters with runners in scoring position. He might not be the best cleanup hitter in the league, or even this team, but by no means is he a terrible fit for that spot. If the Reds lose by 2 and Aurillia left 4 runners in scoring position tonight, then we'll talk about how bad he is. Untill then, let Narron do his job.

Quote Originally Posted by SeeinRed
    I see your point, but by your logic, if Ross is struggling, and LaRue is on a roll, do you let LaRue catch Arroyo? No way. Offense is just a bonus at the catcher's position. Ross and Arroyo have worked very well together.

As for being fresh, the catchers positions is a very grueling one to play. So, yeah, giving him tonight off will make him "fresh" for tomarrow. He hasn't been playing everyday, so that even magnifies the possibility that he might get tired catching consecutive days.

Aurillia holds his own in the cleanup spot. He is one of the more productive hitters with runners in scoring position. He might not be the best cleanup hitter in the league, or even this team, but by no means is he a terrible fit for that spot. If the Reds lose by 2 and Aurillia left 4 runners in scoring position tonight, then we'll talk about how bad he is. Untill then, let Narron do his job.
    Rich against RH pitching should never be in the 4 hole. He's not been great with runners in scoring position this year either.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

So you'd bet on Red when it hit 20 blacks in a row? I doubt it. Yes, each spin is 50-50 (not counting green), but a general rule is you don't bet against streaks. It goes hand in hand with players being superstitious. If they're hot they might we're the same socks for weeks straight. And how about Griffey turning in the lineup card to the umpire for the past few games? If you're on a hot streak you don't change things.
    You could look at it that way, but the law of averages tells you that it all equals out, so that means that for every hot streak, there is a cold streak. If 20 blacks come up in a row, then your first thought might be that red has to come up eventually, and in the end, it will equal out. Therefore, you might be more inclined to bet red than black. However, both logics are flawed in that each spin is independent of the previous. Yeah, streaks happen, but that doesn't mean you change your approach due to them.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

If Larue goes 4-4 tonight, you trade him tomorrow

Alright alright alright......

A win 2nite is has several meanings.

1. Tied for the NL Central Lead #1 for a reason, this is key for us to stay right with the Cards as LONG AS POSSIBLE and wouldnt hurt to get a decent lead on them before poopoo comes back.

2. Confidence...Broom the Cards..... rumor has it Jr's out of the lineup for 2nite which could hurt.. especially with Ponson on the mound for the Cards... but Harang has beat the Cards 1-0 once already this season.

3. 7 Game win streak, headed home for a 4 Game series with the Cubs. Man alive the jump we could get here.

Lets get it on!!!!!!!!

Now for my Griefs. Not only is JR out of the lineup but so is Edwin, next and prolly more important grief is this.. Ross has been AWESOME lately when giving his chances yet we sit him for Larue....now im not real big on the whole Catcher scenerio's i could really care less which one starts.. but ROSS has proven he can do it everyday and everytime we start Larue I lean more and more to the Ross for Catcher of the Year lol So lets hope for a strong showing from Larue 2nite.

LETS GO REDS!!!!!!!!

EDIT; gonna try hang out with you guys 2nite... lets have some fun
    Last edited by GridironGrace; 06-07-2006 at 08:01 PM.
    Proud Member of "The Bengals Lair"
    http://www.uranking.com/vote.asp?member=45269
    http://www.powerhouserock.net
    Somebody's gotta win and somebody's gotta lose and I believe in letting the other guy lose. - Pete Rose

Anybody who thinks Narron is an idiot for this lineup, please stick around after tonight's game. An idiot doesn't run a club 10 games over.
    "Are you trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?!"

Freakin' FSN Midwest feed through mlb.tv screwed up the ratio again tonight! This pincushioned view is terrible.
    "Are you trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?!"

got alil captain in u?

thanks freel for taking a few pitches

Freel pops out on the first pitch

1 Down
    Proud Member of "The Bengals Lair"
    http://www.uranking.com/vote.asp?member=45269
    http://www.powerhouserock.net
    Somebody's gotta win and somebody's gotta lose and I believe in letting the other guy lose. - Pete Rose

Turn Off Ads?