Turn Off Ads?
Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 34404142434445 LastLast

Thread: 6-30 vs Indians -- guess where Dunn's hitting?

Re: 6-30 vs Indians -- guess where Dunn's hitting?

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper
    First time ever for a Cincinnati RED!
    Apparently Sam Byrd did it in 1936, according to the SI list - then being shut out.

5/23/36 Sam Byrd CIN Cy Blanton PIT 4-3

2. Turn Off Ads?

And the worst team in MLB beat the Cards in 10.... 7-5

How can that be?
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz
    Apparently Sam Byrd did it in 1936, according to the SI list - then being shut out.

5/23/36 Sam Byrd CIN Cy Blanton PIT 4-3
    You're right. I can't even read a list...
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster
    I missed the game, had to turn it off because I took my wife to the hospital. rare virus, fever over 100 degrees for 5 days in a row. Keep her in your thoughts. I told her the Reds won...the virus must be good luck...she wasen't laughing. I'm way to superstitous. We will get the blood work back tomorrow.
    Hey, good luck GF. I'll keep her in my prayers. Right before my prayer to fix the BP.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

More on the historic comeback...

Dunn's grand slam capped Cincinnati's comeback from a 7-0 deficit in the eighth inning. The Reds were the first team to win a game after trailing by seven-or more runs in the eighth inning or later since the Marlins rallied from a 9-2 deficit in the eighth inning to beat the Red Sox in Boston, 10-9, on June 28, 2003. It was only the third such win in Reds franchise history. The others were in 1951 against the Braves in Boston and in 1995 against the Mets in Cincinnati.
    '
    Last edited by oneupper; 07-01-2006 at 08:58 AM.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper
    Remember this game...you youngin's...it will be 50 years before you see anything like it.
    And I was lucky enough to be there, sittin down the first base line. This was easily the most exciting game I've ever been to in person. From the low of that horrible first inning to the high of being a part of a stadium going nuts after Dunn's grand slam.

And a special shout out to the Indian fan sitting behind me who was talking trash the whole game and arrogantly making comments about how superior the Indians were and how he couldn't believe we took 2 of 3 last weekend. Needless to say he was halfway up the aisle making a hasty exit as soon as he heard the crack of Dunn's bat.

Wow, even this morning, I'm still jacked up, what a game...

Here you go everyone ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!! http://www.700wlw.com/pages/reds.html

Unbelievable win. My dad called me at work and last night and informed me of what I had happened. It sent chills down my back, and then after watching it on TV I could barely hold my excitement in. Incredible comeback. The Reds had no business winning this game, which IMO, makes up for the loss to the Royals. I said I could never forgive them for that loss, well, I changed my mind.

At this time 15 hours ago I was down on this team, but this win has me higher than a kite. I'm now convinced this is a good team. Get a couple more bullpen arms and another starter and this team WILL make the playoffs. FCB sacrificed his first born, I'll one up him - I would sacrifice my right testicle if the Reds don't make the playoffs...that's how confident I am in this team if they can add those arms.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    At this time 15 hours ago I was down on this team, but this win has me higher than a kite. I'm now convinced this is a good team. Get a couple more bullpen arms and another starter and this team WILL make the playoffs. FCB sacrificed his first born, I'll one up him - I would sacrifice my right testicle if the Reds don't make the playoffs...that's how confident I am in this team if they can add those arms.

Uh, just remember. FCB got his kid back after we all got new decks and our houses painted and a summer's full of chores done.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

I guess I'll take my ball and go home then.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

I missed the game, had to turn it off because I took my wife to the hospital. rare virus, fever over 100 degrees for 5 days in a row. Keep her in your thoughts. I told her the Reds won...the virus must be good luck...she wasen't laughing. I'm way to superstitous. We will get the blood work back tomorrow.
    Talk about putting things in perspective. Man, I wish her (and you) the best and that she pulls through quickly.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

At this time 15 hours ago I was down on this team, but this win has me higher than a kite.
    Enjoy the ride, my man. Another game today.

Prayers that she's ok
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Prayers that she's ok
    word.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Prayers that she's ok

Yeah, same here.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Turn Off Ads?