Turn Off Ads?
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

Thread: 7-2 vs Indians

Re: 7-2 vs Indians

I just got home from GABP. And some observations in no particular order.

1) Why does Narron insist on letting Weathers "pitch through his problems" or whatever gibberish he uses to justify going to him yet again. Yes, I know the rest of the pen stinks too, but he goes to Weathers over and over and over and over and the results are the same: horrible.

2) The move to PH JR was odd, but I don't think it was the worst decision in the world. By the way, I believe Dent made at call as Narron had already been tossed. Someone in the thread said Narron out smarted himself over the decision. I'd of rather seen JR PH instead of Valentine and then bring up Phillips but oh well.

3) Very poor umpiring today. The Reds blew the game all by themselves but the strike zone was all over the place. There was the questionable call on Dunn at 1B that got Narron booted (never did see a replay on it, but it sure seemed close) and seems to me there were two other bad calls. They didn't change the outcome of the game but they were poor none-the-less.

4) It's LaRue hat day, yet Ross plays and hit's 2 home runs to further underscore that Jason's days in Cincinnati are numbered. If it wern't for that huge contract (everybody say "thanks DanO") he'd have already been traded by now.

5) Milton pitched decent. Not great, but decent. Lot's of full counts however and he was struggling. But at the end of the day he left us in the game.

6) I guess Dunn batted 4th because JR had the day off. Dunn had better be back at #2 tomorow when Jr returns, however, IMO.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski
    I'm as critical as anyone else of Narron, but we cannot blame him for the pinch-hitting blunders in the 9th (PH'ing Javy for the pitcher's spot instead of JR, then PH'ing JR for the hot-hitting Phillips; in essence, trading Brandon's bat for that of Valentin in the 9th - moronic). Why?

Narron wasn't in the dugout. He was tossed earlier. Bench coach can claim responsibility for the wonderfully mismanaged bottom of the 9th.
    When a manager gets the boot I was always under the impression they just went down the tunnel so as to be technically out of the dugout but still relayed orders to the bench coach.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marc D
    When a manager gets the boot I was always under the impression they just went down the tunnel so as to be technically out of the dugout but still relayed orders to the bench coach.
    Yeah, or he could pull a Bobby Valentine and don some glasses and a mustache.

Maybe Narron did have something to do with it. Who cares. Our bullpen sucks and Quentin McCracken is on our roster. I'm in a bad mood now.
    President and CEO of The Kyle Farmer AND Albert Almora Fan Clubz. For membership details, inquire within.

Bullpen is all I have to say is at fault for yet another loss.

Also...the reason we have to put up with the Weather's "Struggles" is because we have nothing better to go to
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    Im a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball. - Sean Casey

Turn Off Ads?