Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: 7/3/06 Game Thread: Reds vs. The Brew Crew

Re: 7/3/06 Game Thread: Reds vs. The Brew Crew

Griffey doesn't try to do anything spectacular when it could have big negative reprocussions if he fails; I'd rather him play that safe instead of missing it and giving Weeks a a triple or maybe an inside-the-parker with that speed.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Ball game

This is a big smack in the face to the bullpen. Blew the game twice today.

I am a huge Coffey Fan when he is ON. However, I dont feel he should stay as the closer......he was LIGHTS OUT as a setup man and I think the pressure is to big for him to Close after seeing him for the last month or so.

3 Straight Hits 2day......and will probably give up the game winning run before the end of the 9th
    Proud Member of "The Bengals Lair"
    http://www.uranking.com/vote.asp?member=45269
    http://www.powerhouserock.net
    Somebody's gotta win and somebody's gotta lose and I believe in letting the other guy lose. - Pete Rose

Pathetic.

Wow...can't even record a damn out in the 9th.

Nice job, Todd.

Quote Originally Posted by redlegs2370
    IMHO the Brewers have a better team than the Reds. Their hitters are better clutch hitters than the Reds have.
    I hate to say it again but it is true. Plus the fact the Reds bullpen is just killing their chances tgo stay up in front of the division.

I try not to be a pessimist, but this bullpen has driven me insane. The Reds have been figured out, and it has not taken a scientist to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by redlegs2370
    I hate to say it again but it is true. Plus the fact the Reds bullpen is just killing their chances tgo stay up in front of the division.
    The Brewers may be a better team, but it's not because of their hitting. The Reds are the team who scored 3 when they needed to take the lead, I have a hard time faulting their hitting at all. The bullpen, as you stated, is the real reason they can't consistantly beat ANY team.

We should just give up on the season even if you get gordon he can not make up for the whole bullpen stinking

On the plus side it looks to me like Adam Dunn is swinging the bat as confidentently as he has all season over the past week or so. He goes through long periods where he seems to be just waving at pitches, almost expecting to miss the ball. Now he's really whipping the bat through the strike zone with a confident stroke that's resulting in hits to areas of the field you don't usually see Adam driving the ball.

Turn Off Ads?