Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 7/9/06: Reds @ Braves (No Edwin Again)

Re: 7/9/06: Reds @ Braves (No Edwin Again)

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup
    it's got to be. somebody is going and it's probably Edwin, unfortunately. Who needs a 3rd baseman? oh...the Reds.
    That will really suck if he's traded for a misguided playoff push. Krivsky better bring back a boatload of young quality pitching for a player of EE's ability and potential.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by pedro
    You people crack me up.

The Reds aren't going to trade Edwin.

It's not going to happen.
    Have Krivsky's acquisitions or attitude towards veterans put such a move outside the realm of possibility?

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS
    Have Krivsky's acquisitions or attitude towards veterans put such a move outside the realm of possibility?
    Nothing is out of the realm of possibility

You people crack me up.

explain why you sit a 23 year old for 3 days when you have a 3 day break coming up? they said he wasn't hurt anymore, so why does he sit?
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

it's got to be. somebody is going and it's probably Edwin, unfortunately. Who needs a 3rd baseman? oh...the Reds.
    San Fran does.. they don't have a active 3rd baseman on their roster. Sure they use Feliz over there, but he also platoons at 1st as well. I'd take Jason Schmidt for Edwin.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS

Krivsky hasn't given any indication IMO that he wants to dump good young player.

I think this team is filled out with s/crappy vets because that was all that was available.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by RedLegSuperStar
    San Fran does.. they don't have a active 3rd baseman on their roster. Sure they use Feliz over there, but he also platoons at 1st as well. I'd take Jason Schmidt for Edwin.
    1 problem. Schmidt is a free agent after the season. The Giants aren't giving up yet anyway. This is Bonds' last stand.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Krivsky hasn't given any indication IMO that he wants to dump good young player.
    Hell, he picked up Brandon Phillips who is a great young player.

I'll say it again...what a steal!!

explain why you sit a 23 year old for 3 days when you have a 3 day break coming up? they said he wasn't hurt anymore, so why does he sit?

I also heard the day before yesterday that whe was still icing up his ankle and riding a stationary bike after every game. That to me says he's not yet 100%.

I think this team is filled out with s/crappy vets because that was all that was available.
    Then why are they playing over talented young players?

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

You people crack me up.

I'd actually term it 100% certain that he doesn't get traded, at this point. He's too young and too inexpensive to trade at this point.

My question, though, is what Edwin Encarnacion has done thus season to make him this "untouchable" player that absolutely needs to be playing for Cincinnati to win. Now, I don't disagree that's it would be beneficial to EDWIN's development for him to be playing everyday, but fact of the matter is that Hatteberg has been far more productive than him this year, and Aurillia has been just about as productive.

Playing for the future and beyond, yeah -- Go Edwin. Playing for today -- flip a coin.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

1 problem. Schmidt is a free agent after the season. The Giants aren't giving up yet anyway. This is Bonds' last stand.
    Yea, so is Guardado, but we traded for him.. I know what you're saying though. I don't know if Edwin would or wouldn't be enough to bring in a Jason Schmidt

Quote Originally Posted by reds44
    Then why are they playing over talented young players?

maybe the talented player isn't as healthy as Dr. reds44 thinks he is. I dunno?

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor
    I'd actually term it 100% certain that he doesn't get traded, at this point. He's too young and too inexpensive to trade at this point.

My question, though, is what Edwin Encarnacion has done thus season to make him this "untouchable" player that absolutely needs to be playing for Cincinnati to win. Now, I don't disagree that's it would be beneficial to EDWIN's development for him to be playing everyday, but fact of the matter is that Hatteberg has been far more productive than him this year, and Aurillia has been just about as productive.

Playing for the future and beyond, yeah -- Go Edwin. Playing for today -- flip a coin.
    http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASAp...ortByStat=OPS&

Tie goes to the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by RedLegSuperStar
    Yea, so is Guardado, but we traded for him.. I know what you're saying though. I don't know if Edwin would or wouldn't be enough to bring in a Jason Schmidt
    doubt it.

Turn Off Ads?