Turn Off Ads?
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Thread: Game Thread: Game To Decide If Reds Get Home Field Advantage For WS (EE out again)

Re: Game Thread: Game To Decide If Reds Get Home Field Advantage For WS (EE out again)

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Game Thread: Game To Decide If Reds Get Home Field Advantage For WS (EE out again)

Nice picture
    Go Gators!

Re: Game Thread: Game To Decide If Reds Get Home Field Advantage For WS (EE out again

Quote Originally Posted by reds44
    Don't give up a double and allow a runner to get in scoring position.
    Perhaps I shouldn't have said I don't understand. I understand the thought process, I just think it's wrong in that situation. Play straight away unless a runner gets on.

It's actually my friend's fault. He started getting ready to go with two outs. We warned him he was tempting fate, but he said he'd look fate in the eye and bam, there you have it.

Just a couple of random thoughts about the game.

Was that intro about "the stars" coming across the country just about the cheesiest thing ever produced for a baseball game? It did give Fox the chance to show lots of scantily clad ladies, which I'm sure was the purpose.

What on earth is baseball thinking do an "in game" ceremony. For heaven's sake, we're playing a ballgame here. Get the heck off the field, shut your yap, Bud, and let the game go on. If you've got to have a ceremony, do it before the game. And while Clemente was a fabulous guy, a great player, what is the reason for honoring him. It's not quite 34 years after his death. Was he recognized specially when last in Pittsburgh in 1994? Play the game!

I liked Phil Garner's philosophy. Have fun! If you feel like stealing a base, do it. If it's a 3-0 count and you're a bopper, take a hack at it. We're not having any signs, just do it. Then there was tough old Ozzie. I'm supposed to play everybody, but I want to win. If you don't like, make the team next year (is Ozzie admitting the Chisox aren't repeating as WS winners this year?).

Leave it to a former Red's farmhand, a reliever, to blow the save. Ouch!

I thought Eckstein was named to the team because they needed another shortstop. So why slide Sanchez (?) over from short to second so Eckstein could play short? Couldn't he have stayed put and Brandon Phillips have played second???? And then, to add insult to injury, Eckstein whiffs! Sheesh!

I think allowing an All Star game determine home field advantage for such a prestigious heritage like the WS is a crock. Pud Selig is an Idiot and I have never liked the idea! The All Star game is an exhibition and nothing else. The fans stuff the ballot boxes and it is not a fair vote in the first place. Managers don't want to get a player hurt and that is why there is so much substitution going on. I think alternating it was a more fair solution.

I wonder why this dumb IDEA was not brought up when the National League was winning all those years? See Pud Selig!
    "Some of the guys who pitched well for us last year aren't going to make the ballclub," Narron said.

Pete Rose, when asked by David Letterman who he likes in the MLB playoffs:

"You sound like you're betting on baseball."

So does anyone else see Cabrera dogging on that play? Could a different outfielder have gotten to that ball in left?

Cabrera got into an heated argument earlier in the season with a pitcher for dogging it on a play much like that allowing runners to get into scoring position.

Carlos Lee is not exactally known for his wonderful fielding ability, and all out style of play.

Put Andruw Jones in there and let him be in left for that play game over, or as someone said earlier... Edwin in at 3rd

Turn Off Ads?