Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Game Thread 7-22-2006

Re: Game Thread 7-22-2006

The bullpen had a nice day today as well.........5 innings and gave up 2 runs (both by Weathers). If we could get 1 more decent starter to go with Arroyo and Harang this team can not only win the wild card, but the division.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    "Spicy Habanero"

Quote Originally Posted by Simms11
    Sweet win, however, I just really have a hard time understanding why Narron would pinch hit for Hatte. Someone please explain.

Probable because Hatte is a Lefty and was facing a lefty?
    "I think everybody here is definitely excited about (Eddie) Guardado. It wasn't a save situation, but when you've lost a couple like we have, it felt like a save situation." -- Reds manager Jerry Narron on using his newly acquired closer Eddie Guardado.

Merker put on the 15 day DL, Shack called back up. I trust that Narron will ONLY use him as a situational lefty.
    Cincinnati Reds
    VOTTO

"Spicy Habanero"

If not that then because Rich has a better glove which proved wise on that Dp play that he had..
    "I think everybody here is definitely excited about (Eddie) Guardado. It wasn't a save situation, but when you've lost a couple like we have, it felt like a save situation." -- Reds manager Jerry Narron on using his newly acquired closer Eddie Guardado.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinc12345
    You're right, no denying that. I still don't understand any rationale for sending Castro, unless it was a hit-and-run...
    Well, Freel did swing and miss, so yeah, it probably was.

"Spicy Habanero"

Quote Originally Posted by kevinc12345
    You're right, no denying that. I still don't understand any rationale for sending Castro, unless it was a hit-and-run...
    Probable because of his glove. With a one run lead you want your best D on the field and thats what we had!

Quote Originally Posted by Simms11
    Sweet win, however, I just really have a hard time understanding why Narron would pinch hit for Hatte. Someone please explain.

Hatteberg is 0 for 17 lifetime against Shouse. That is why he pinch-hit Aurilia for him.

Sounded like Freel missed on a hit-and-run, just wasn't executed.

Quote Originally Posted by ITHIKABAND.COM
    I hear you...but jeez Hatte been swinging a hot bat and Aurilla coming in cold. Oh well turned out just fine. Nice to have some good depth coming off the bench.
    Last edited by Simms11; 07-22-2006 at 09:20 PM.

I absolutely hate that thinking, but you're probably right. I think it waaaay overrated.

If not that then because Rich has a better glove which proved wise on that Dp play that he had..
    Is he? I guess I really never noticed. If that was the reason, I'd rather he let SH bat (he was having a good night) and make the defensive replacement at the end of the inning.

Quote Originally Posted by keeganbrick
    Merker put on the 15 day DL, Shack called back up. I trust that Narron will ONLY use him as a situational lefty.
    What is wrong with Merker?

BTW, a RZ welcome to you both!
    Last edited by TeamBoone; 07-22-2006 at 11:33 PM.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

The Buckeye Bomber

It would be nice if we could use these wins to put some distance on the Giants and company in the Wild Card race. Good win tonight though, our starting pitching has been bad these first two games against the Brew crew, but I'll take what I can get.

Turn Off Ads?